Attachment data type in Access Database using ODBC

bhushan...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2013, 9:34:08 AM7/9/13
Hello All,

We are trying to develope Visual C++ Application which communicate with ODBC Database.

We retrieve Data from database and modify(Add, Update, Delete) data in database using ODBC API.

MS Access Database added new data type "Attachment".

We need to read attachments data from this columns using ODBC ( like SQLBindCol, SQLFetchScroll).
Also We need to Add/Modify attachments in this columns using ODBC (like SQLBuilkOperation/SQLSetpos).

How can we do this?

Many Thanks,
Bhushan Akole.

bhushan...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2013, 10:43:17 AM7/15/13
Hello,

I want to know about new "Attachment" datatype in MS Access database.

Does we are able to communicate with "Attachment" datatype using ODBC API for retrieving Attachments and to store attachments in it.

If yes, please provide some guidance or sample for it (if available, it will be useful to better understand it).

If not, then Does their any other way to do this in Visual C++ ?

Thanks,

Bhushan.