ODBC and NAT

Lars Gregersen

Jan 17, 2002, 4:33:16 PM1/17/02
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:49:50 -0800, "Lasse Werner"
<lasse....@drammen.online.no> wrote:

>I have an PC in a privat network which is connected to a
>corporate network with a Cisco 770 ISDN router where NAT
>is enabled. I can't get a connection to the server in the
>corporate network. Do ODBC support NAT. Will this work?

This question is unrelated to ODBC. You'll have to find a way to open
the right IP addresses and ports on your router to make the connection
work. The Cisco has guides on how to do this.

Lars

M.Sc. Chem Engng. Lars Gregersen
2-control ApS
WWW: www.2-control.com. E-mail: l...@2-control.com

Genyus

Jan 22, 2002, 7:06:09 AM1/22/02
In a smaller-scale situation, I have a LAN running behind a Win2K server
running a software proxy and firewall. My development machine is unable to
make ODBC connections, although the proxy can. I'm at a loss to what I
should be changing to enable connectivity, or even if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

"Lars Gregersen" <l...@2-control.dk> wrote in message