ADODB Requirements

omsoft

Jun 16, 2010, 1:45:51 PM6/16/10
sorry but this is a basic question.

What needs to be installed on a client to be able to make ADO connections
from Excel to back-end Access on server? Do I need an OLEDB ODBC driver?

Thanks.

Bob Barrows

Jun 16, 2010, 2:22:10 PM6/16/10
You will need

1. MDAC, which is probably already installed as part of the operating
system
2. the Jet components which is a separate install available from the
microsoft support site.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

Kenneth A. Larsen

Sep 11, 2010, 7:54:11 AM9/11/10

"omsoft" <oms...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Dear Omsoft,
I know what to do. If you have to do something on Excel you can save a file.
Then, go to access. Next, click on the file menu and click open. After that
go move your mouce down to file type, click the arrow that is pointing down.
Also, click on Data Files. Finally, you are ready to open a data file. If
that doesn't work, please let m e know by emailing me at 2 addresses.
Lar...@verizon.net or kuh...@optomline.net. You are going to wonder why I
have 2 addresses, I have Lar...@verizon.net for home, and
kuh...@optonline.net for my office.

From,