How to identify PrivUserGroup group in AD

TJ

May 11, 2010, 1:10:56 AM5/11/10
Hi

I am looking for the PrivUserGroup to add my account to it. The
problem is my company has installed dozens of instances of CRM and I
don't know what PrivUserGroup corresponds to the CRM Organisation. I
have tried searching on the OrganisationID in AD but this didn't work
as some of the PrivUserGroups have been named without the Guid.

Is the corresponding PrivUserGroup name in the database or the
registry? Any ideas where I can find it?

Cheers,
TJ

Dave Ireland

May 11, 2010, 4:06:09 AM5/11/10
Hi TJ,

A quick way to find the name of your AD groups is to use SQL Management Studio.
Connect to your server, and expand your MSCRM_CONFIG database. Drill in
to Security-->Users. You will see a group there like yourdomain\PrivReportingGroup
{c19b9462-b970-4691-8820-25f33b51b1c4}.

The PrivUserGroup won't be listed here, but the guid of the PrivReportingGroup
will correspond to the guid of your PrivUserGroup .

HTH,

Dave

TJ

May 11, 2010, 9:16:02 PM5/11/10
That's it. Thanks Dave.

Panzio

May 13, 2010, 12:06:01 PM5/13/10
Hi

"TJ" wrote:

> .

Panzio

May 14, 2010, 10:35:01 AM5/14/10

duc.b...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2014, 2:50:37 AM6/2/14
I have different issue but your post really works. Thanks Dave