Dynamics 4.0 error - Big problem

Irshard

Oct 28, 2009, 11:54:01 PM10/28/09
By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active
Directory. We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still part of
the domain. We unjoined and then rejoined the domain. Now when any user
attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management
Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.

Please help
thanks

LeonTribe

Oct 29, 2009, 2:12:30 PM10/29/09

Try reattaching the organization with the deployment manager, my guess
is your user GUIDs are out of whack. Reattaching will automatically
remap the GUIDs.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
or hear me tweet @leontribe

Phil

Oct 29, 2009, 7:21:01 PM10/29/09
Sounds like you installed CRM to run under the 'Network Service' account
credentials. For this to work the machine account in AD needs to be a member
of the CRM groups. When the machine was removed from AD it was also removed
from the groups. When you re-joined the domain a new machine account was
created which needs to be made a member of the groups.

Add your machine account to the SQLAccessGroup and the PrivUserGroup. If you
are also running SQL Reporting Services on the same server then add it to the
PrivReportingGroup as well.

Hope this helps,
Phil.

Irshard

Nov 6, 2009, 12:14:02 AM11/6/09

"Phil" wrote:

Thank bro.... It works... much appreciated

blac...@gmail.com

May 25, 2014, 8:30:50 AM5/25/14
Phil you are the king :) thanks a lot!