CRM 4.0 Error on Page...loading default.aspx

dmgroup1984

Feb 5, 2008, 12:35:04 PM2/5/08
Hello

I am having an error come up when I try to bring up CRM Web site. When I
enter in http://localhost:5555/myorgname it brings up the default blue screen
for CRM and does not redirect me to my CRM site. An error comes up at the
bottom left corner of IE and states

Error on page

Line: 194

Char: 1

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

I am running CRM 4.0 Enterprise. This install was an upgrade from CRM 3.0 If
someone could please help I would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Ireland

Feb 5, 2008, 1:15:14 PM2/5/08
Do you have more than one Organization? If not, you shouldn't need to
reference the organization name in the URL.

what happens with http://localhost:5555 ? or
http://localhost:5555/myorgname/loader.aspx ?

Dave Ireland

"dmgroup1984" <dmgro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

dmgroup1984

Feb 5, 2008, 1:28:02 PM2/5/08
No I dont have more than one organization. When I enter in
http://localhost:5555 it comes up with the same error. I entered in
http://localhost:5555/myorgname/loader.aspx and the site come up but all of
the images did not come up and links were not working. I have added our link
to the trusted zone on the server and still noting. Any ideas to why this is
happening??

Thanks,

Dave Ireland

Feb 5, 2008, 1:41:31 PM2/5/08
do you have any luck from a client machine, using
http://crmservername:5555/loader.aspx ?

are there any javascript errors on the page when it loads (the little yellow
triangle in the bottom corner of the browser)?

"dmgroup1984" <dmgro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

dmgroup1984

Feb 5, 2008, 1:57:03 PM2/5/08
Yes there are javascript errors on the page when I use
http://crmservername:5555/loader.aspx. Error comes up as

Line: 137

Char:1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0

I get the same errors on the server as well.

Dave Ireland

Feb 5, 2008, 3:00:20 PM2/5/08
oops, sorry missed the js error in your original post.

your CRM website is running ASP.Net 2.0 now right?

Sounds like your upgrade might not have gone too smoothly - you might
consider opening a support ticket on this one. Sorry, I don't have a magic
fix for you. I'll keep thinking though

Dave

"dmgroup1984" <dmgro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

dmgroup1984

Feb 5, 2008, 4:06:19 PM2/5/08
Correct CRM is running ASP.net 2.0. Thanks for your help Dave.

Pirani@discussions.microsoft.com Ahmad Pirani

Feb 5, 2008, 11:38:00 PM2/5/08

I had the same issue. What I did is went to the Properties of the website on
which CRM 4.0 is configured. There I selected Directory Security. Unchecked
Anonymus Access, Click Ok And Apply. Then Again went to the same place,
Directory Security, and again checked the Anonymus Access, clicked Ok and
Apply. This at least worked for me.

dmgroup1984

Feb 6, 2008, 12:19:02 PM2/6/08
Thanks to all who helped on this issue. I did what Ahmad said and everything
work. Thanks to all!!!

Dale

Ahmad Pirani

Feb 7, 2008, 12:13:00 AM2/7/08
Glad to know it resolved your issue. :)

Heti

Mar 6, 2008, 8:09:02 AM3/6/08
Hi

I get the error message below when I try to save or save and close an
opportunity. I tried the solution you recommended for dmgroup but its not
working, please help.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents

<CrmScriptErrorReport>

<ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>

<ScriptErrorDetails>

<Message>Expected '('</Message>

<Line>128</Line>

<URL>/AbacusRecruitment/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id={2C59CC5B-C6E9-DC11-93BD-001AA031A738}</URL>

<PageURL>/AbacusRecruitment/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id={2C59CC5B-C6E9-DC11-93BD-001AA031A738}</PageURL>

<Function></Function>

<CallStack>

</CallStack>

</ScriptErrorDetails>

<ClientInformation>

<BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows
NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR
1.1.4322)</BrowserUserAgent>

<BrowserLanguage>en-us</BrowserLanguage>

<SystemLanguage>en-za</SystemLanguage>

<UserLanguage>en-us</UserLanguage>

<ScreenResolution>1280x800</ScreenResolution>

<ClientName>Outlook Laptop - Online</ClientName>

</ClientInformation>

<ServerInformation>

<OrgLanguage>1033</OrgLanguage>

<OrgCulture>7177</OrgCulture>

<UserLanguage>1033</UserLanguage>

<UserCulture>1033</UserCulture>

<OrgID>{47C5D16E-C066-4C95-8374-CA0B51711B6A}</OrgID>

<UserID>{F26E9A15-DCDA-DC11-BAEA-001AA031A738}</UserID>

<CRMVersion>4.0.7333.3</CRMVersion>

</ServerInformation>

</CrmScriptErrorReport>

<CrmScriptErrorReport>

<ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>

<ScriptErrorDetails>

<Message>Object expected</Message>

<Line>260</Line>

<URL>/AbacusRecruitment/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id={2C59CC5B-C6E9-DC11-93BD-001AA031A738}</URL>

<PageURL>/AbacusRecruitment/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id={2C59CC5B-C6E9-DC11-93BD-001AA031A738}#</PageURL>

<Function>window.onload()</Function>

<CallStack>

[...]

Nelson Abreu

Nov 15, 2008, 8:57:53 AM11/15/08
I have the same problem and followed Ahmad's instructions, but the issues was
not resolved, unfortunately. Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Thanks

Cotreau@discussions.microsoft.com Kevin Cotreau

May 22, 2009, 10:01:00 AM5/22/09
I realize that you may have fixed this by now, but I just wanted to comment
for those who come along in the future.

My anonymous access box was not checked (and other posts I saw had similar
comments), so I actually checked the anonymous box and applied it to all the
sub-directories, then unchecked it and re-applied it, and it worked fine.

Thank you Ahmad Pirani for setting me on the right path.

Chad

Jul 19, 2010, 4:23:13 PM7/19/10
On IIS 7.0, this issue mostly happens when the static content role is
installed AFTER CRM 4.0 is installed, happened to me and it took a couple of
days of troubleshooting with the help of Microsoft personnel. It eventually
was solved by IIS technical support.

First, make sure the static content role service is installed on IIS 7.0 (go
to Server Manager, go to Roles, right-click and add roles and static content
role should be at the top of the list, click next and go ahead and install
it).

However, if the static content role is installed AFTER CRM 4.0 is installed,
the static http handler mappings are not configured as they should be.

So, go to the web site (Microsoft Dynamics CRM) -> features view ->
double-click on handler mappings -> double click on "StaticFile" -> make sure
it reads:

StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule

That should enable the CRM 4.0 to handle the static javascript content
accurately.

Once this is set up, do an iisreset, this should fix it for IIS 7.0 machines
experiencing this, it did it for me. The IIS 6.0 method of checking and
unchecking anonymous access (done by going to authentication and enabling
anonymous authentication in IIS 7.0) did not work for me.

Hope this helps someone out.

Chad

MikeJ

Jul 22, 2010, 5:46:12 PM7/22/10
Chad,

I found your post after 2 days of searching for the answer to my issue. You
resolved it. The one part that was a little fuzzy was adding in the

Where can I send some money to you?

-Mike

Guy@discussions.microsoft.com Rob Guy

Sep 21, 2010, 11:29:03 AM9/21/10
If you are installing to anywhere other than the default folder (c:\program
files...) you will have to set some permissions manually on the folder. I set
'Network Service' will Full Control and 'Users' with Read Control on
'd:\program files\microsoft dynamics crm' (where I installed to). Would have
expected Microsoft's installer to do this but I suppose these problems keep
us all in work! :-)

Rob Guy

Sep 21, 2010, 11:31:03 AM9/21/10
Message has been deleted

sunilku...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2013, 10:54:59 AM8/6/13
Chand.... Thanks a lot. Your post helped me.