Using CRM with Exchange 2007.

Palwinder

Dec 14, 2007, 10:31:01 AM12/14/07
1. MS CRM contacts – can we use EXCHANGE contacts folders for CRM contacts or
do we have to maintain 2 databases? I want a CLEAR explanation...
2. What else within MS CRM will have to be separately maintained if we are
used to using MS EXCHANGE with Outlook for all our task, contact, and
calendar management ?

Thanks in advance.

John O'Donnell

Dec 17, 2007, 11:02:55 AM12/17/07
this one has come up before ie using the exchange contacts folder in CRM. I
am thinking some sort of sync solution would be nice to sync your CRM
contacts back ot an exchange folder

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist
http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde

"Palwinder" <Palw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

LeVar Bery

Dec 18, 2007, 2:02:10 PM12/18/07
1.  Clear answer is Yes it will have to be separate.  MS CRM and Exchange aren't developed by the same developers. Plus what a nightmare this would be if you could.

2. Everything is separate.   To those you have never used a CRM system before... this does sound like  OMG i have to have 2 calendars.    But to get the most out of your system  you really need these things to be on their own.   Plus if you're going to use Exchange for  EMail, Contacts, Calendar.....  whats the point of MS CRM or any CRM package for that matter?   Just create some custom Outlook forms and be done.

--
LeVar Berry
CEO

Denis Markovtsev

Feb 5, 2013, 6:36:18 AM2/5/13
This answer is a bit delayed, but may still be useful.

I recommend you to consider the Agile Dynamics CRM to Exchange Synchronizer (DXSync). It provides server-side integration between Dynamics CRM and Exchange. Integration includes synchronization of Contacts, Meetings, Calls, Tasks; Archiving emails; special scenarios to replicate and create items like Opportunities and Cases from your email client. This solution works without any client-side plugins. No need for additional configuration of standard mobile or desktop email clients (Outlook, Entourage, Mac Mail, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.).

Free trial version is available for download so you can try DXSync before making a decision.

If what you need is one-time synchronization, then trial mode may be enough to get required results.

Best regards,
Denis Markovtsev
GrinMark CRM Integration Team
sa...@grinmark.com

Denis Markovtsev

Jun 29, 2013, 12:41:48 AM6/29/13
Give the Agile Dynamics CRM to Exchange Synchronizer (DXSync) a try. DXSync provides two-way synchronization of Contacts, Accounts, Leads, Meetings, Calls, Tasks; Archiving emails; special scenarios to replicate and create items like Opportunities and Cases from your email client.

You can now choose between On-Premise and On-Demand (cloud) server-side synchronization of Dynamics CRM and Exchange.
http://www.grinmark.com/products/dxsync/on-premise-vs-on-demand.html

Free trial version is available so you can try DXSync before making a decision.
http://www.grinmark.com/requesttrialform.html

http://www.grinmark.com
sa...@grinmark.com