Fetch CRM entities right after retrieval

Veerle

Jan 17, 2012, 3:10:08 PM1/17/12

We have customized the Resco application for mobile devices for one of
our CRM customers. When syncing with CRM, the Resco application uses a
fetch statement to retrieve entities from CRM. This fetch statement
filters on last modified >= start date of the previous sync. Most of
the time, this works perfectly, but recently, we encountered the
problem that not all entities were retrieved. We are not able to
reproduce the problem though. The only thing clear is that the
entities that were not retrieved were created only just before
executing the fetch and that 5 users at the same time were trying to
execute a lot of fetches for basicly the same data from CRM. The
problem is probably in the Resco code, but just to be sure, has anyone
encoutered problems like these ones:

- Has anyone tried to fetch data from CRM just after it was created
and didn't get it all? As if sometimes there is some latency on the
create which causes a fetch or retrieve to not immediately see the new
entity?
- Has anyone done a lot of fetches (from different devices)
simultanously to CRM and some of the fetches didn't return it all?

The CRM version is 2011 and it is installed on premise.

All ideas are welcome...