This request requires buffering of data for authentication or redirection to be successful

Mike Sharp

Apr 30, 2007, 10:39:59 AM4/30/07
Any idea what can be causing this? This error occurs when I try to do an
SDO import on a read-write MCMS server:

Error: 0
redirection to be successful.
Severity: 5
Source: System
Debug info: N/A
Extra info: N/A
Client Source: CImProgress::ProcessPackage
Recommended Action: N/A

If I try an export on that server, it succeeds, but the first time I got a
403 Forbidden. I've made sure that annonymous is enabled for NR and MCMS
virtual directories and their sub directories.

Server is at MCMS 2002 SP2.

--
Regards,
Mike Sharp

rdcpro is my username
Hotmail.com is the email address
Just put the two together...No Spam Please

Stefan Goßner [MSFT]

Apr 30, 2007, 11:20:20 AM4/30/07
Hi Mike,

this error indicates that anonymous access does not work.
Please check the IIS log if there are any 401 responses to content in the
/NR or /MCMS directory.
If you find any 401 responses, then anonymous access does not work.

Cheers,
Stefan

"Mike Sharp" <rdc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

SB Webmaster

Jun 7, 2007, 1:54:00 PM6/7/07
Stefan,

I have an extremely similar problem. I have been able to identity the 401

I have disabled and enabled anonymous access on the NR directory and all
children directories, but I still receive the 401 errors.

Do you have a recommendation as to what to try next?

Thanks,

Scott S-)

Stefan Goßner [MSFT]

Jun 8, 2007, 9:53:05 AM6/8/07

please check in the IIS log if you get the 401 from the NR directory or
somewhere else.
If from /NR and if you enabled anonymous access then most likely the
password of your anonymous user is out-of-sync in the metabase of IIS.

Cheers,
Stefan

"SB Webmaster" <SBWeb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

SB Webmaster

Jun 11, 2007, 11:22:00 AM6/11/07
Stefan,

Perfect, that was it. Thanks!

dave

Apr 29, 2011, 11:33:59 AM4/29/11
How do you resynch the anonymous user's password?

Thanks.