.NET Hosting Solutions

LFO

Jul 4, 2004, 10:12:57 PM7/4/04
Starting .NET MCSD CBT courses from LearnKey in a couple
of weeks
( http://www.learnkey.com/store/images/NETMCSD.php ). As
I go through the training I want to mimic a production
environment to practice the skills learn. I thought of
trying to setup IIS 6.0 on a Windows 2003 Server and
installing SQL Server 2000. This seems like a costly
approach, in both time and money

A good alternative seems to be using a hosting service.
Having been burnt in the past when choosing a MySQL host
only to learn too late that many functions for MySQL
simply didn't exist with the service, I need advice on
choosing the correct host for my training objective.

Two that I have looked at are www.discountasp.net and
www.nexpoint.net, there seems to be a cost difference. A
bigger concern is features. The last thing I want is to
get to a point in my training and not be able to
implement a solution due to a lack of host support.
Looking for opinions on these or better hosting services.

As I am learning, I just don't have the knowledge to
fully evaluate the services. Following MCSD certification
I will be taking a course in C#
(http://www.learnkey.com/store/images/CSharpForDevelopers.
asp ).

Derek M. A. Lee-Wo

Jul 5, 2004, 8:49:59 AM7/5/04
If you want a SQL Server database with your hosting, then you may want to
look at http://www.ourinternet.us. I'm not affiliated with them. I'm just
a satisfied customer. I've deployed my own ASP.NET app, plus my own
customized version of the portal starter kit. Any issues I had were quickly
resolved.

Derek M. A. Lee-Wo
Email: (Home) de...@leewo.net (Work) dle...@voicerite.com

"Those who will not risk cannot win" - John Paul Jones

"LFO" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

WKidd

Jul 5, 2004, 1:14:21 PM7/5/04

You can find 180 day eveluation versions of 2003 Server and SQL Server 2000.

Me

Jul 5, 2004, 2:26:38 PM7/5/04
Speaking as one who has stumbled over Win2K3 with web
apps, it might be a really good itea for you to get the
evals WKidd suggests. Nothing like messing things up for
yourself, to get something to work..........( not that
you'll mess anything up..) But it makes for good
conversation in these newgroups.....ha ha.

Get the evals!!!!!!!!!
There is so much you'll be overlooking by having someone
host your web apps.

I've embarassed myself severely by learning "inpublic",
but I LEARNED.

Good luck.

>.

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jul 5, 2004, 2:42:53 PM7/5/04
Here is a link for SQL Server 2000 eval and at the bottom
has Win 2K3 eval. I'm not sure if it's standard version
or what client tools come with it. You may want to ask.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/trial/default.asp

Jul 6, 2004, 3:48:11 AM7/6/04
>You can find 180 day eveluation versions of 2003 Server and SQL Server 2000.

YOU KNOW DAMN RIGHT!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Eric

Jul 6, 2004, 11:06:34 AM7/6/04
Derek M. A. Lee-Wo wrote:

> If you want a SQL Server database with your hosting, then you may
> want to look at http://www.ourinternet.us. I'm not affiliated with
> them. I'm just a satisfied customer. I've deployed my own ASP.NET
> app, plus my own customized version of the portal starter kit. Any
> issues I had were quickly resolved.

I am going with http://1planhost.com. They charge $99 for a whole year,
plus $35 a year extra if you want SQL Server. They seems to have the
highest amount of disk space, and bytes of transfer bandwidth for the
money.

Eric

WKidd

Jul 7, 2004, 5:10:19 PM7/7/04

When choosing an ASP.NET host, you will need to verify that they support web
forms. Some don't.

Suvra Barua

Jul 12, 2004, 12:20:51 AM7/12/04

You are right to that it is costly approach, in both time and money.
Perhaps
it is better to go with a hosting company that gives you all the
options. To me useing MySql is better option to use at this moment.
Don't thinks i am SPAM ing I just answering directly. I work for a Web
hosting company and we are specialized in ASP and .Net hosting and
also supporting every service for MySQL if you want to work with
mySQL. And tell you frankly to me our SQL Server2000 is for resellers.
However SME kit is suitable for you. If you are confused feel free to
contact our support team.

Suvra Barua

Internet promoter
M6.Net
http://www.m6.net
Windows 2003 hosting - ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI, Perl, FTP, Frontpage
extension
SQL 2000, MS Access,MySsql, Emails, Stats with 24 hour support.
Starting from
$4 m/o and 250 MB space. 20GB bandwidth.

Jul 17, 2004, 9:56:31 AM7/17/04
mysqlis toy, no more, no less. Maybe it's good for hosting pornsites,
but for real world business implementations, anyone that uses mysql is
barking mad...

vipink...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2014, 7:07:45 AM8/7/14
Get a Website that Works @ start $2 ONLY. Visit www.HostETS.com

seeo...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 10:47:49 AM9/22/14

Даня Ф

Jul 24, 2023, 9:38:13 AM7/24/23
I know the topic is a bit outdated, but in case someone is looking for a training site with a great support - I can recommend SIM-Networks: https://www.sim-networks.com/en I've began to use it as a training site for a cloud and now have a small infrastructure hosted there.