xml over http using multipart/form-data

aman

Dec 10, 2004, 2:03:01 PM12/10/04
We have a requirement to do xml over http with our partner. Their
requirement is a bit unique (not traditional xml over http).
Here is an excerpt
"To upload a file the calling program must first create a programmatic HTTP
URL Connection with a “POST” request method. This connection should then
attach the file using a “multipart/form-data” “content-type” request
property, and then attach a Base 64 encoded user id and password using a
“Basic” “Authorization” request property. "

Created a HTTP Send Port and configured the authentication, URL, and
content-type property and fired off the request. Their application did not
receive the post as per to their requirements. After going through a lot of
red tape, finally was able to get my hands on what a sample post might look
like. Here it is:

POST /dev/Receive/... HTTP/1.1
Pragma: no-cache
zlib/1.2.1

------------------------------b1be518f1a69

<Catalog>
<data>blaah</data>
</Catalog>
------------------------------b1be518f1a69--

It looks like some type of mime encapsulation with all this boundary info.
I have not been able to replicate this type of a post from BizTalk using the
HTTP Send port and in combination with the MIME parser in the send pipeline.

Bottom line is: IS THERE a way to get this type of xml over http using
BizTalk 2004?.

Thank in advance for any help!

Kind regards,
aman

Greg Forsythe

Dec 10, 2004, 2:52:30 PM12/10/04
Your best bet may be a custom adapter. There is an example in the SDK of a
HTTP Adapter.

Someone may have already built one that they may like to share - he said
hopefully
It is on my to do list, along with a HTTP/HTML Form adapter

Greg

"aman" <am...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

aman

Dec 10, 2004, 3:13:02 PM12/10/04
hmm, I had a feeling that this wasn't supported out of the box. The whole
idea of working with a package is to spend less time developing.
Any hopes for BTS 2004 SP1 to have this supported?

Greg, thanks a bunch for your input.