Please Help - BizTalk 2006 and SQL Adapter - Transaction coordinator problem

myte...@yahoo.com

May 12, 2006, 6:26:43 PM5/12/06
Hi All,

I have a problem trying to use the SQL adapter in BizTalk 2006 running
in a VM.

VM machine:

Windows 2003 server
Biztalk Server 2006
SQL Server 2000

Remote Server ( in a different domain)
Windows 2003 Server
SQL Server 2000

I am trying to use the SQL Adpter in my VM host machine. The SQL
Adapter needs to connect to the remote SQL Server. I am able to connect
to the remote server but as soon as I provide the stored procedure name
and click next I am receiving the following error.

"Failed to execute SQL Statement. Please ensure that the supplied
syntax is correct. New transaction cannot enlist in the specified
transaction coordinator."

Thanks a lot in advance,

C. White

Lucas R. Vogel

May 12, 2006, 6:57:01 PM5/12/06
From the document "Installing and Configuring BizTalk Server 2006 in a
Multiple-Computer Environment" (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=46922):

• By default, network Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) access and
network COM+ access are disabled on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with
Service Pack 1. Before installing and configuring BizTalk Server 2006 in a
multiple computer environment, you must enable network DTC access and network
COM+
access on all computers where you will install BizTalk Server.

Enable network DTC access and network COM+ access on Windows Server 2003

1. Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Select Application Server, and then click Details.
4. Select Enable network DTC access and Enable network COM+ access, and then
click OK.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. Stop and then restart the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service.
8. Stop and then restart Microsoft SQL Server and the other resource manager
services that participate in the distributed transaction, such as Microsoft
Message Queuing.
• All BizTalk servers and SQL servers in a group must have the same remote
procedure call (RPC) authentication level applied. The DTC proxy may not
correctly authenticate DTC when the computers are running on different
operating systems, joined to workgroups, or are in different domains that do
not trust each other. For more information, see
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54805.
• You must open the required ports for DTC and RPC if you have a firewall.
For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=61914.
• To ensure that the DTC settings are correct use the following DTC testing
tools:
• DTC Tester. Available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=61913
• DTC Ping. Available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=61915.

--
Lucas R. Vogel

Baldur

May 14, 2006, 8:46:02 AM5/14/06
I had a similar problem once, and in the end the only thing that worked was
to turn off the DTC Security.

CWhite

May 15, 2006, 11:24:55 AM5/15/06
Yeap. I had to set the "No Authentication Required" option under the
MSDTC - Security Setting on both servers in order to make it work.