AX Server Errors

Michael Fechter

Oct 3, 2007, 8:46:00 AM10/3/07
In our environment we have an AOS Server and a seperate AX Server. Several
times a week, users have problems accessing DAX & the EP. When I check the AX
Server there are several errors in the Application Log (see example below).
We correct the problem by restarting the Dynamics Service on the AOS Server.
The errors are all similiar execpt sometimes the errors are on different
files (for example asys.aod or axapd.aoi).

Is there an "AX/AOS Troubleshooting Guide" or some good resource for what
the errors mean and solutions? Do you have any suggestions on what to check?
Is it related to loss of a N/W connection? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you - Mike Fechter

**** Message from Application Log on AX Server ****
"Microsoft Dynamics Business Connector Session 8.
Warning : Error in file: \\Ax1\Microsoft Dynamics
AX\40\Application\appl\standard\axsys.aod while reading in record = CDB7F30
Windows error: =
Error code: 64 = The specified network name is no longer available."

Try again?

--
Thank you,

Mike Fechter

jeplov

Oct 3, 2007, 10:20:30 AM10/3/07
On 3 Okt., 14:46, Michael Fechter

Yeah that type of error is typically a temporary network loss, similar
erros can be detected in Ax 3.0. The only time I have seen it when the
Axapta application was located on the AOS server was when there was a
physical error on the file in question. One or twice the error has
happed around the time when an application backup job was runing so it
could be something of that nature (or antivirus if you have that
runing on the server).

Regards,
Jacob

Dag Calafell, III

Oct 17, 2007, 4:31:01 PM10/17/07
The same thing happened to me if, I restarted the load-balancing AOS (directs
clients which AOS to use) after the load-balanced AOS servers. You should
review your server/service restart order if in a cluster/load-balancing
environment.

Scotoni@discussions.microsoft.com Marco Scotoni

Dec 10, 2007, 3:59:01 AM12/10/07
same thing to me. i have 3 AOS servers(configured as directs client
connection for LB) there are some rules to follow? or have any news about
this issue?

best regards!

sid1996

May 11, 2010, 4:46:01 AM5/11/10
Hello

I've currently come across the same problem. We have three AX 2009 SP1
AOS:es and two LB AOS:es. The application is on a share located on another
server.

Are there any new information in regards to how to avoid this problem?

Regards,
Tobias

AMS2010

Jul 27, 2010, 9:17:50 PM7/27/10
Did you resolve your issues? I have the same situation as you. We have three
AX 2009 SP1 AOS:es and two LB AOS:es. The application is on a share located
on another server.

Sergio Carrillo Vila

Mar 29, 2011, 3:45:19 AM3/29/11
Please, this issue has been resolved in http://blogs.solidq.com/AX

To solve this, follow these steps:

1.. http://blogs.solidq.com/AX/Post.aspx?ID=12&title=The+AX+disconnection+disaster

> On Wednesday, October 03, 2007 8:46 AM MichaelFechte wrote:

> In our environment we have an AOS Server and a seperate AX Server. Several
> times a week, users have problems accessing DAX & the EP. When I check the AX
> Server there are several errors in the Application Log (see example below).
> We correct the problem by restarting the Dynamics Service on the AOS Server.
> The errors are all similiar execpt sometimes the errors are on different
> files (for example asys.aod or axapd.aoi).
>
> Is there an "AX/AOS Troubleshooting Guide" or some good resource for what
> the errors mean and solutions? Do you have any suggestions on what to check?
> Is it related to loss of a N/W connection? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thank you - Mike Fechter
>
> **** Message from Application Log on AX Server ****
> "Microsoft Dynamics Business Connector Session 8.
> Warning : Error in file: \\Ax1\Microsoft Dynamics
> AX\40\Application\appl\standard\axsys.aod while reading in record = CDB7F30
> Windows error: =
> Error code: 64 = The specified network name is no longer available."
>
> Try again?
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Mike Fechter

>>> On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:31 PM DagCalafellII wrote:

>>> The same thing happened to me if, I restarted the load-balancing AOS (directs
>>> clients which AOS to use) after the load-balanced AOS servers. You should
>>> review your server/service restart order if in a cluster/load-balancing
>>> environment.

monty...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2013, 11:26:54 PM6/7/13
You actually think that having to restart/shut down AX is a solution Sergio??

This is plain garbage of a solution/answer (same thing ms has to say for the most part).

Usually these types of problems are very tempory thing (a few minutes or less) but AX can not or does not try to reconnect it just quits trying to read the filesystem period... It does not even shut itself down. This is not kosher in any way.

We run into this once in a while - usually some kind of DNS/switch glitch - network issue is resolved quickly but AX is just sitting there acting like it still can not read the directory...