Ax 2009 Workflow

Venkatesh

Jan 9, 2009, 1:40:01 AM1/9/09
Hi All,

I have setup workflow as specified below. All the below consifurations exist
in the same Windows Server 2003 SP2

AOS1 (Port 2712): points to AFS1 and DB1
AOS2 (Port 2713): points to AFS2 and DB2

and installed and configured workflow in both applications. I also enabled
Workflow for Purchase Requisition.

I found out that Workflow is working properly in AOS1 (2712) and do the
approval process and creates PO.

The workflow is not working in AOS2 (2713). I belive this being BC login
problem. i tried creating a Configuration pointing to AOS2 for BC. Even then,
it does not work.

But strangely, if i swap the AOS connection (AOS1 pointing to AFS2 and DB2),
workflow is working properly in 2nd Application. But workflow stopped in 1st
application.

Is this a bug ? or is it how workflow designed ?

Thank you.

--
Venkatesh

Chris

Jan 14, 2009, 4:34:00 AM1/14/09
Hi there,

Have you installed the AX Workflow (from ax setup) on the same server as
your AOS instances?

If so you are right in that it's a Business connector problem. By default
you can only configure the Business Connector to connect to one instance so
technically you need another server running workflow with a seperate business
connector per environment.

I have seen some non-MS articles on how to use one server to supply
Enterprise Portal to two different environments but you'd only do that in
testing, I haven't tried it, and I don't know if the same is possible for
workflow!

Not very helpful really, sorry!

Chris

amitbabber

Feb 9, 2010, 3:31:23 AM2/9/10
Hi Venkatesh

This is not a bug which You are facing when running workflow on multiple instances.

You have to install a new software which is released by Microsoft for the same purpose.

Please Install the Hotfix ( which is still in testing phase). Dont use on live environment, Only can be used in test enviroments.

i hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards
Amit Babber
babber...@gmail.com

Venkates wrote:

Ax 2009 Workflow
09-Jan-09

Hi All,

Thank you.

--
Venkatesh

On Friday, January 09, 2009 1:40 AM
Venkates wrote:

Ax 2009 Workflow
Hi All,

Thank you.

--
Venkatesh

On Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:34 AM
Chri wrote:

Hi there,Have you installed the AX Workflow (from ax setup) on the same server
Hi there,

Have you installed the AX Workflow (from ax setup) on the same server as
your AOS instances?

If so you are right in that it's a Business connector problem. By default
you can only configure the Business Connector to connect to one instance so
technically you need another server running workflow with a seperate business
connector per environment.

I have seen some non-MS articles on how to use one server to supply
Enterprise Portal to two different environments but you'd only do that in
testing, I haven't tried it, and I don't know if the same is possible for
workflow!

Not very helpful really, sorry!

Chris

"Venkatesh" wrote:

On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:52 AM
narayana narayana wrote:

REG This Bug
HI Venkates,

I got same problem for the workflow it is working on One AOS and not working on Another AOS,If you hav answer for this means can you give reply for this error.

Regards,
Narayana

SharePoint - Managing Unused or Archive sites automatically
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/96bf1f1c-ab6f-43f1-9a5b-a2a8deb60cad/sharepoint--managing-unu.aspx

dileep...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 9:39:08 PM3/5/14
check out cDevWorkflow at http://www.cDevWorkflow.com