Visual SourceSafe and MDAX 4.0

Erik Larsen

Mar 22, 2007, 10:17:03 AM3/22/07
I have installed Visual SourceSafe version 6 sp6.
I want now to use it inside AX.
When I use the development tools version control - setup system settings and
add a database I recesive an error:

COM object of class 'SourceDepot.SDConnection' could not be created. Ensure
that the object has been properly registered on computer 'WMLI009230'.

If I then use version control - setup - Version control parameters and
change the Version control system to Visual Source Safe I receive an error :

Have any of You guys and girls who have succeeded in installing VCS in
connection with AX 4.0 suggestions in what went wrong?

Thanx in advance
Cannot create instance of CLSID_VSSDatabase. Check that Visual SourceSafe
client is installed properly.
.

SCGAN

Mar 22, 2007, 10:58:08 AM3/22/07

Please use VSS 2005. ^^

Best Regards,
S.C.GAN

dch

Oct 30, 2007, 11:45:02 AM10/30/07
Hi Markus,

Could you point us to where we can find the good documentation on using
Visual Source Safe 2005 with Dynamics AX?

Thanks!

-DCH

"Markus" wrote:

> There is a good documentation how to use Visual Source Safe 2005 with
> Dynamics AX. I'dont think that version 6 is supported, you may create a
> support request. If it is necessary for some reasons to use Version 6 have a
> look at VSS Integration in Axapta 3.0:
> http://www.axaptapedia.com/index.php/AOTVersionControl. You can even extend
> the cvs integration framework by your own.

dilip

Oct 31, 2007, 12:04:14 AM10/31/07
Hi DCH,

Please find some links below which will help you to configure VSS 2005
to work with Dynamics AX 4.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=436cf64c-cd15-4121-a21b-bfef09b9906a&displaylang=en
- Implementation Guide by Microsoft

http://axaptabuilder.blogspot.com/2006/06/notes-about-my-experience-in-setup-of.html
- Yuri's blog to get started (A good one)

Also, you can refer the Administrator Guide which comes in-built with
Dynamics AX 4.0.
If, you have access to PartnerSource, you can download a pdf which is
available in WhitePapers Section.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Dilip
Visit my blog @: http://daxdilip.blogspot.com

> > the cvs integration framework by your own.- Hide quoted text -

danieldoe

Feb 10, 2010, 7:48:54 PM2/10/10
Cannot create instance of CLSID_VSSDatabase, im having the same problem here, how did you solve it?

ErikLarse wrote:

Visual SourceSafe and MDAX 4.0
22-Mar-07

..

On Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:17 AM
ErikLarse wrote:

Visual SourceSafe and MDAX 4.0

..

On Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:58 AM
SCGA wrote:

RE: Visual SourceSafe and MDAX 4.0
Hi,

Please use VSS 2005. ^^

Best Regards,
S.C.GAN

"Erik Larsen" wrote:

On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:17 PM
Marku wrote:

There is a good documentation how to use Visual Source Safe 2005 with Dynamics
There is a good documentation how to use Visual Source Safe 2005 with
Dynamics AX. I'dont think that version 6 is supported, you may create a
support request. If it is necessary for some reasons to use Version 6 have a
look at VSS Integration in Axapta 3.0:
http://www.axaptapedia.com/index.php/AOTVersionControl. You can even extend
the cvs integration framework by your own.

On Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:45 AM
dc wrote:

Hi Markus,Could you point us to where we can find the good documentation on
Hi Markus,

Could you point us to where we can find the good documentation on using
Visual Source Safe 2005 with Dynamics AX?

Thanks!

-DCH

"Markus" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:04 AM
dilip wrote:

Hi DCH,Please find some links below which will help you to configure VSS
Hi DCH,

Please find some links below which will help you to configure VSS 2005
to work with Dynamics AX 4.0

Also, you can refer the Administrator Guide which comes in-built with
Dynamics AX 4.0.
If, you have access to PartnerSource, you can download a pdf which is
available in WhitePapers Section.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Dilip
Visit my blog @: http://daxdilip.blogspot.com

On Oct 30, 8:45 pm, dch <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Introduction to Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4708cba5-ce4b-49b1-92de-04d037dcd7df/introduction-to-windows-w.aspx

demetrio...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2013, 2:10:54 AM12/5/13
The same error might occur with VSS 2005 on AX 4.0

The reason being that the local VSS client installation is corrupted.

Running repair utility solved my problem.

Joanna