Domain Rename

Jeffrey Uchtman

Mar 7, 2012, 9:56:51 PM3/7/12
Is it possible to rename a stand alone active directory Windows 2003R2
server using the rendom tool? I am coming in second hand but who ever
set up this server has it running active directory for little to no
reason. They named it abc.local.com so DNS is resolving to local.com,
a real domain. I have tried the tool and I am getting a 1825 error
when trying to rendom /prepair command. I have thought about just
removing AD but the domain has 12 workstations attached and I am
trying to save touching every machine.

Thanks