Removing the Remnants of SBS

Aaron Akins

May 2, 2012, 11:23:41 AM5/2/12
Hello, new here!

I've recently inherited an Active Directory infrastructure that evolved from a SBS 2003 installation into a full-blown 2008 Server AD environment. My problem is that there are still some OUs and Security Groups in AD that appear to be "left over" from SBS - namely, the MyBusiness OU, its children (Distribution Groups, Folders, Groups), and the following security groups: BackOffice Folder Operators, BackOffice Internet Users, BackOffice Mail Operators, BackOffice Remote Operators, and BackOffice Template Users.

I'm wondering if it's safe to delete these, as they do not appear to be in use.

Jim Ryan

May 10, 2023, 8:47:18 AM5/10/23
Same here, did you ever get an answer to this?