null vs empty vs blank vs missing

wel...@gmail.com

May 12, 2016, 8:18:08 AM5/12/16
I have a field I'm using conditional formatting in. Some of the conditions depend on whether there's any data in the field. It was working fine using ISBlank until I deleted data from one of the records, now the formatting doesn't work. What's the "status" of a field that had data in it but doesn't anymore?

wel...@gmail.com

May 12, 2016, 8:57:49 AM5/12/16
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 7:18:08 AM UTC-5, wel...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a date field I'm using conditional formatting in. Some of the conditions depend on whether there's any data in the field. It was working fine using ISBlank until I deleted data from one of the records, now the formatting doesn't work. What's the "status" of a field that had data in it but doesn't anymore?

AaronKempf.com | CareerDBA.com | FullStackWP.com

Jan 11, 2021, 5:34:50 AM1/11/21
SQL Server makes this easier. There is ISNULL and NULLIF statements, and a hundred other functions that make this drop dead simple.
I just don't think that Access is competitive because the language isn't as powerful as SQL Server.
I mean SQLCLR can do 100 times as much stuff as what VBA can do.