Need help with a form and two tables

robf...@gmail.com

May 21, 2015, 3:47:08 PM5/21/15
I am a beginner using MS Access 2010 and struggling to find a way to enter information gathered from a Form into a Table.

I have two Tables and one Form; The first table is my Primary table that will contain information entered by numerous users through my one Form. The second table contains a set list of names and customers that will appear in ComboBoxes on my Form.

I want to create a Form with ComboBoxes that the user will make selections from as well as TextBoxes which the user will enter data. So after the user has made the selections from the ComboBoxes and typed the necessary data into the TextBoxes I would like this data entered as the last row in the Primary table.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to accomplish this.

Thank you very much.

AaronKempf.com | CareerDBA.com | FullStackWP.com

Jan 11, 2021, 5:44:02 AM1/11/21
there are a hundred ways to do it. but you'll need to give a lot more details. Table names would be a good place to start.

but from what you're looking at, I'm gonna guess that you'll be wanting to use Triggers or Stored Procedures to do this. Iterating through to the 'last row' or even the 'next row' aren't really as powerful in Access as they are in SQL Server.

I can help, but it's gonna be slow to get you up to speed. Hit me up!~