Accounting Software Design

Amini@discussions.microsoft.com Tahir Amini

Oct 12, 2006, 11:16:02 AM10/12/06
Please anyone can give me the design of Accounting software.
Thanks

Duane Hookom

Oct 12, 2006, 11:25:00 AM10/12/06
If you have to ask, I suggest you invest in high quality accounting packages
such as PeachTree, Quicken, or many others that are not that expensive. I
have years of experience with Access development and I would not attempt to
create a full-feature accounting application. I might look for a package
that allows me to connect to data through ODBC or other method.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"Tahir Amini" <Tahir Am...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Granny Spitz via AccessMonster.com

Oct 12, 2006, 1:20:53 PM10/12/06
Tahir Amini wrote:
> Please anyone can give me the design of Accounting software.

That'll be $50,000. Cash or charge?

(My point is that due to the complexity, it takes many man-months to develop
accurate accounting software. Anyone making such an investment is not going
to post it on the web for free.)

John D

Oct 12, 2006, 2:10:02 PM10/12/06
While I certainly agree that a fully-functioning "real" accounting software
design is a very complex undertaking, maybe we should ask "what is it you
want to do?" Do you want to design and develop a full accounting package for
a business? Or, do you just want to archive financial reports? Or, do you
want to keep track of what people owe you? Or ...

Please define the scope of what you want.

John D

John Vinson

Oct 12, 2006, 2:23:23 PM10/12/06
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:20:53 GMT, "Granny Spitz via AccessMonster.com"
<u26473@uwe> wrote:

>Tahir Amini wrote:
>> Please anyone can give me the design of Accounting software.
>
>That'll be $50,000. Cash or charge?
>
>(My point is that due to the complexity, it takes many man-months to develop
>accurate accounting software. Anyone making such an investment is not going
>to post it on the web for free.)

<SNORK!!!>

Love it, Granny.

John W. Vinson[MVP]

Tahir Amini

Oct 13, 2006, 12:44:01 AM10/13/06
Thanks!

Please download the "Busy Accounting Software" From
[code]
http://www.busyinfotech.com/
[/code]

This sofware has back end database of MDB.
and Password is "ILoveMyINDIA"

I see this but never understand how do accounting task from form.
Like Inserting voucher.

Tahir

Granny Spitz via AccessMonster.com

Oct 13, 2006, 3:10:17 PM10/13/06
John Vinson wrote:
>>Tahir Amini wrote:
>>> Please anyone can give me the design of Accounting software.
>>
>>That'll be $50,000. Cash or charge?
>>
>>(My point is that due to the complexity, it takes many man-months to develop
>>accurate accounting software. Anyone making such an investment is not going
>>to post it on the web for free.)
>
> <SNORK!!!>
>
> Love it, Granny.

I just saw the accounting package he wants to emulate ... and the price it
costs for people unwilling to take the time to design it themselves or can't
find someone to design it for them for free. At that price he'd be *much*
better off just buying their package!

John D

Oct 13, 2006, 4:32:02 PM10/13/06

> Please download the "Busy Accounting Software" From
> [code]
> http://www.busyinfotech.com/
> [/code]

Sorry Tahir - long standing personal policy to not download stuff I don't
know about myself.

> I see this but never understand how do accounting task from form.
> Like Inserting voucher.

If Busy Accounting Software is a commercially available software package,
there should be documentation, support and training available. If infotech
doesn't provide such stuff, you shouldn't buy it. But my guess is they do.
You should contact infotech with your question.

I agree with the others - if you want a fully functioning accounting
software package you should buy it. There are lots available. Your cost to
develop the software can't come close to the price you can pay to get a
functional product.

John D

Eric Lachowitz

Oct 14, 2006, 7:02:43 PM10/14/06
Here is a link to what appears to be a useful book (although it is
written primarily in VB - you can get some great ideas to port into
Access)

http://www.amazon.com/Create-Accounting-Software-Visual-Basic/dp/1419628968/sr=8-41/qid=1160535195/ref=sr_1_41/102-3426655-9928917?ie=UTF8&s=books#capbody

Note: I have not read this one yet, but it looks promising...

Enjoy!

dcar...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2013, 9:05:57 AM8/21/13
On Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:16:02 PM UTC+8, Tahir Amini wrote:
> Please anyone can give me the design of Accounting software.
> Thanks

Are you looking for a lesson or a book to be taught on this subject?
Tutorial, not I'm aware of, but you may download this book from accountingdes.com.
It might gives you some ideas as to the knowledge and tools you will need to design and develop an accounting software.