database design for new real estate office

whatsn...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2013, 7:43:59 AM4/25/13
Hello, i'm investigating 'real estate' softwares and finding that most will require vendor-customization for what I want to do. I'm hoping to not pay a monthly fee to some vender and would prefer to buy a user-friendly database softward to set up a couple of 'simple' databases that i store on my website server that will serve as:

1. a searchable archive for settled transactions (searchable by buyer/seller/address/date/type - commercial, resi, lease, listing broker, selling broker, commission)
2. active transactions

i must be able to quickly access completed transaction archives in case of audit and serve as a solid record of commissions and $sales level per agent (only 1-5) and also use this as my tax reporting tool.

What software would work best as an easy online front-access and stored on server?
Any tips on finding a talented consultant to help me put this together? located on border of nj/pa.
I have some basic web design skills and limited excel knowledge - is MS access too much for a newbie to learn - thanks in advance for any recommendations!