MS Access 2GB size Limit

Teri

Jun 27, 2003, 11:27:35 AM6/27/03
Hello, does anyone know a way to get around the 2gb size
limit for and access DB? Maybe someway to make it larger
or a way to connect a spill over DB? Even with compact
and repair we are running into the limit.

Thanks
Teri

chas

Jun 27, 2003, 11:49:45 AM6/27/03
Hi teri,

You can split your database into multiple databases of a
few tables each and then link all of them into one front-
end database.

(File|Get External Data|Link Tables)

hth

chas

>.

Tony Toews

Jul 2, 2003, 7:34:42 PM7/2/03
"Teri" <thi...@p2es.com> wrote:

2 Gb is very large. Do you have a lot of images? You don't want to
embed graphics into a table as this causes significantly bloating of
the database. Frequently about one Mb per graphic.

For more info see the Image Handling Tips page at my website.
http:\\www.granite.ab.ca\access\imagehandling.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP