Access 2007: How to center checkbox under label?

Jimbo213

May 12, 2009, 3:31:01 PM5/12/09

I used the wizard to create a report
One field label is about 10-letters wide and the field is a checkbox

I can't figure out how to put the checkbox in the center of the field label
Access 2007 insists on justifying to the left edge of the field.

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

ErezM via AccessMonster.com

May 13, 2009, 8:27:13 AM5/13/09
hi
in design view, select all the controls and under the arrange ribbon->control
layout, select remove

Erez

--
May all beings be happy.

Jimbo213

May 13, 2009, 11:07:02 AM5/13/09

that worked - thanks - but it caused me about 10 minutes of extra work to
reposition all the fields.

If you have any influence on MS then please tell them that the center-text
button should put that checkbox in the center [or left or right depending] of
the value field instead of having to monkey around with the layout > remove.

Thanks, however, for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

Message has been deleted

evamje...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2013, 3:22:10 PM3/21/13
For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

duncana...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2013, 10:17:49 AM10/24/13
On Thursday, 21 March 2013 19:22:10 UTC, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

I did visit 4 and 1/2 years later and it's so easy - thanks

phcha...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2014, 10:20:36 AM1/29/14
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:22:10 PM UTC-5, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

Wow. I have been troubled by this for years. Always removed the layout and manually adjusted. This is so much better. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

josiah....@gmail.com

May 8, 2014, 10:11:05 AM5/8/14
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:22:10 PM UTC-3, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

5 years later and you are still helping people, thanks!

bloods...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2015, 9:59:26 AM4/24/15
Make that 6 years!!! Thanks for the help!!!

Dan

michael...@whirlwindsteel.com

Sep 23, 2015, 8:24:25 AM9/23/15
6+ Years here. Thanks for the tip on the horizontal splitting!

martin...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 9:31:43 AM11/20/15
El jueves, 21 de marzo de 2013, 16:22:10 (UTC-3), evamje...@gmail.com escribió:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

6+ years and counting!!! thanks very much for the tip!

jne...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 2:19:58 PM1/12/16
On Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 3:31:01 PM UTC-4, Jimbo213 wrote:
An even easier way, at least for me, was to highlight the checkbox field in design view, go to the "Arrange" tab and click on "Remove" next to the "Tabular" and "Stacked" icons. Then I could resize just the checkbox and move it where ever it best lined up.

kaipol...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2016, 1:47:33 PM2/25/16
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 3:22:10 PM UTC-4, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

Thank you!! This was driving me nuts! lol. Almost 7 years later...

bmay...@gmail.com

May 25, 2016, 10:43:12 AM5/25/16
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 3:22:10 PM UTC-4, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

Awesome, still helpful with Access 2016.

Thanks!

dennis...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 7:50:12 PM9/28/16
On Friday, 22 March 2013 08:22:10 UTC+13, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

Thank you very much, much appreciated another 3+ years later :-)

ma...@manning.com

Feb 17, 2017, 4:22:09 PM2/17/17
Can you tell me how can split field horizontally. Thank you in advance

ma...@manning.com

Feb 17, 2017, 4:22:32 PM2/17/17

Ken Holmes

Nov 10, 2022, 4:48:08 PM11/10/22
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 12:22:10 PM UTC-7, evamje...@gmail.com wrote:
> For anyone else visiting here 4 years later...you can split the field horizontally re-position the check box to the right. That is if you are using the Tabular layout (Access 2010).

I'm visiting this page 13 years later and learning this new trick. Fantastic. I had no idea.

Todd Jaffee

Apr 19, 2023, 12:29:36 PM4/19/23
Make that 14 years