Format number

natura...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2020, 7:21:36 AM4/30/20
Hi
I have a value field, which contains the values 10000,3500,1500 & 500 for example. I need a query to format this value to display the results 10k, 3.5k, 1.5k and 0.5k

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Ulrich Möller

Apr 30, 2020, 8:15:56 AM4/30/20
Am 30.04.2020 um 13:21 schrieb natura...@gmail.com:
> I have a value field, which contains the values 10000,3500,1500 & 500 for example. I need a query to format this value to display the results 10k, 3.5k, 1.5k and 0.5k
What about a calculated field: CStr([Value/1000) & " k"

Ulrich

natura...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2020, 8:55:32 AM4/30/20
Thank you, a good start! But how do I round the result to 1 decimal place in the same formula?

Thanks again

Ulrich Möller

Apr 30, 2020, 1:16:08 PM4/30/20

Am 30.04.2020 um 14:55 schrieb natura...@gmail.com:
> Thank you, a good start! But how do I round the result to 1 decimal place in the same formula?

for Banker's Rounding the function VBA.Round() can be used, otherwise
look here:
http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_round_to_specified_digits.html

Ulrich