Access 2003 versus Access 2007 Excel Import

clk

Aug 6, 2012, 8:45:46 PM8/6/12
Hi. I have a database that takes an Excel spreadsheet from an outside
vendor (have no control on the spreadsheet format) and imports it into
a database. This process updates records for custoemrs.

The problem is the code works PERFECTLY in Access 2003. I take that
same database and open it in Access 2007 or 2010 and the import
process is not consistent. The Policy Number field which is
alphanumeric field and set to a text field in Access will drop the
entries if they have letters in the field. Treating it like a number
field. In Access 2003, it imports 100% correctly.

This is the line of code:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,
"AAExportData", strImportFilePath & strImportFileName, True

Another thing, if I manually import it in to Access specifically
stating that field is a text field it will work. Even if I save
import specs it doesn't seem to work.

Should the code be different for Access 2007/2010?