deleting and updating items in the inventory in real time in ms access.

damola

Mar 9, 2012, 3:36:28 AM3/9/12
Good day sir/ma
Please I have a sales order form with a combo box from inventory query. As I sell out items I want it deducted immediately and also if a customer doesn't want an item anymore, I want to be able to delete and it updating the inventory immediately
Thank you

Access Developer

Mar 10, 2012, 12:40:26 AM3/10/12
Fields on Forms are automatically updated when you move off the Form to
another, or move from the main Form to a Subform Control (or vice versa),
or when you specifically cause them to be updated. The simplest way to
force an update of the Form's RecordSource is to execute the VBA code

Me.Dirty = False

An appropriate place to put this code is in the AfterUpdate event of the
Control that is updated when you sell or return the item, _not_ the
AfterUpdate event of the Form. Your description of the Form does not
provide sufficient detail for me to be more explicit... if your user only
selects a number of items of the particular type selected, then you may need
to do some calculations to update the stored quantity, before executing this
code to force the recoord to be updated.

MVP Allen Browne has excellent information on inventory applications at
http://allenbrowne.com/appinventory.html.

--
Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP