FPDTC.dll Version 1.0 error

A. J.

Aug 4, 2009, 3:01:01 PM8/4/09

I had a program created in MS 2003 version; when I open it on the MS 2007
version, it gives a missing or braoke reference to the file FPDTC.dll Version
1.0 error message. How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Maha Arupputhan Pappan

Aug 6, 2009, 1:17:01 AM8/6/09
Do the following:

1. Start MS Access 2007.
2. Press Alt+F11 simultenously.
3. Go to Tools > References.
4. Locate the ticked reference to the missing DLL. Untick it. Press OK.
5. Try compiling your code. If it compiles successfully it was a reference
to a file you didn't need.

--
Maha Aruppthan Pappan
Nacap Asia Pacific

Sophia

Aug 14, 2009, 11:34:00 AM8/14/09
I can't find that dll file in 2007. Might there be another solution?

Douglas J. Steele

Aug 14, 2009, 12:03:57 PM8/14/09
What is FPDTC.dll? (As far as I'm aware, it's not part of Office)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Sophia" <sophia....@gmail.com> wrote in message

John... Visio MVP

Aug 14, 2009, 12:24:26 PM8/14/09
FPDTC - Front Page Design Time Control.

John... Visio MVP
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message

Douglas J. Steele

Aug 14, 2009, 12:35:29 PM8/14/09
Thanks, John.

Sophia: Are you really using that control? Could it have been added to the
references in error?

If you are using it, do you have Front Page installed on the machine(s)
where you're trying to use the Access 2007 database?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

"John... Visio MVP" <lanc...@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message

Tony Toews [MVP]

Aug 16, 2009, 2:21:20 AM8/16/09
Sophia <sophia....@gmail.com> wrote:

>I can't find that dll file in 2007. Might there be another solution?

Did you follow Maha's suggestion to remove the control from the list
of references? It's very likely not required.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

Michelle Collins

Jan 3, 2011, 9:42:26 AM1/3/11
When I hit Alt + F11 simultaneously and go to Tools all the menu items are greyed out or inaccessible. Is there a different way to fix this error?

> On Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:01 PM A. J. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a program created in MS 2003 version; when I open it on the MS 2007
> version, it gives a missing or braoke reference to the file FPDTC.dll Version
> 1.0 error message. How can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.

>> On Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:17 AM Maha Arupputhan Pappan wrote:

>> Do the following:
>>
>> 1. Start MS Access 2007.
>> 2. Press Alt+F11 simultenously.
>> 3. Go to Tools > References.
>> 4. Locate the ticked reference to the missing DLL. Untick it. Press OK.
>> 5. Try compiling your code. If it compiles successfully it was a reference

>> to a file you did not need.

>> --
>> Maha Aruppthan Pappan
>> Nacap Asia Pacific
>>

>> "A. J." wrote:

>>> On Friday, August 14, 2009 12:03 PM Douglas J. Steele wrote:

>>> What is FPDTC.dll? (As far as I am aware, it is not part of Office)

>>> --
>>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>>> (no e-mails, please!)

Douglas J Steele

Jan 3, 2011, 12:36:37 PM1/3/11
Sounds as though code is still running. Try Ctrl-Break to stop the code from
running (or look on the Run menu)

"Michelle Collins" wrote in message

Hussain Rasheed

Feb 28, 2011, 1:02:37 AM2/28/11
You can download fpdtc.dll from this site.

http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/fpdtc.dll.html
I think it will be work well, if not just go to reference by pressing Alt+F11 key and Unchecked fpdtc.1.0 Type Library.
If u want install fpdtc.dll just go to reference and browse and select the fpdtc.dll

rachael...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2013, 1:09:36 PM9/25/13
Copy the FPDTC.dll from a computer running MS Office 2003. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE 11\FPDTC.dll Put it somewhere on your network that everyone has the necessary rights to it. Now go into your database, run Visual Basic, go to tools and references. Find the "Missing FPDTC.dll" reference. Now browse to the dll located on the network.

If you have people running the DB off-site, this solution won't work for you.
You'll need to make sure they have a copy of the file in the same location on their C: drive and keep the original mapping reference in the database.