sign-in page

Jun 11, 2003, 3:43:03 AM6/11/03
hi,
i need to create a form in Access 2000, where the User
has to enter in a correct username and password in order
to gain access to other forms in the database.

I have a table called users. And in it, i've created the
following fields: userid, username, password

can anyone tell me where i may find code to create a form?

thx in advance.

John Nurick

Jun 13, 2003, 1:43:28 AM6/13/03
If you want to prevent unauthorised access to the database, this is not
an effective approach, because any experienced user will be able to
retrieve the data - even the username and password data - direct from
the tables. For effective control over who can use which forms or access
what data, you need to implement Access user-level security. This is not
simple: you need to read and understand the Security FAQ first, make a
backup of the database, and follow the instructions very carefully.

Security FAQ - includes explanations and step by step instructions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];207793

or
http://support.microsoft.com/support/access/content/secfaq.asp

Security Whitepaper (written for Access 2.0, but explains the concepts)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];122036

John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.

Joan Wild

Jun 13, 2003, 1:46:19 PM6/13/03

"John Nurick" <j.mapSo...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

> Security Whitepaper (written for Access 2.0, but explains the concepts)
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];122036

A more recent whitepaper (still out of date though)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q148555

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

John Nurick

Jun 14, 2003, 11:45:50 AM6/14/03
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:46:19 -0500, "Joan Wild" <jw...@nospamtyenet.com>
wrote:

>A more recent whitepaper (still out of date though)
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q148555

Thank you.

riy...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2019, 2:25:04 PM9/16/19