Change all below an input number

Colin Hayes

Jul 11, 2014, 6:39:58 PM7/11/14

Hi

I need a small routine which will change all below or equal to an input
number to a second input number.

So for example ;

Message box 1 : Select column to work on

Message box 2 : Select all cells equal to or below input number

Message box 3 : Change selected cells to input number.

Therefore choosing column D , all below or equal to 3.50 , changing to
5.00 :

3.20
6.50
9.40
2.80
1.90
3.50
15.60

would become

5.00
6.50
9.40
5.00
5.00
5.00
15.60

Grateful for any help.

John W. Vinson

Jul 13, 2014, 6:18:08 PM7/13/14
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 23:39:58 +0100, Colin Hayes <Co...@chayes.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

Well, it sounds like you're asking an Excel question (Excel has cells and
columns, Access has fields and values) in an Access forum. For that matter
it's an obsolete Access forum which Microsoft hasn't supported for three or
four years. See my .sig for more current forums. The Answers forum has a large
and active Excel forum which should be able to help you.

IF by some strange coincidence you're actually asking about an Access database
with a field named D, you can use an Update Query, but the need to prompt for
the fieldname makes it pretty complicated.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
Microsoft's replacements for these newsgroups:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/access?tab=question&status=all
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=accessdev
and see also http://www.utteraccess.com