ComboBox list isn't complete, gets cut off at 10000 items...

Maury Markowitz

May 7, 2009, 5:09:00 PM5/7/09
I have a combobox in a subform that's limiting the contents to 10000
rows. I have changed the recordsource on the form to 32000, and the
setting in Options for list length to the same number. No luck, it's
still cut off at the same place. Any ideas?

Maury

Douglas J. Steele

May 7, 2009, 5:21:35 PM5/7/09
Well, even 10,000 rows in a combo box is probably about 9,500 more than you
should have for usability. What's the RowSource of the combo box? Assuming
it's a query, does the query return the expected number of rows?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Maury Markowitz" <maury.m...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Maury Markowitz

May 8, 2009, 10:04:05 AM5/8/09
The query returns about 21000 rows, but only the first 10000 are
displayed.

Yes, you can do this in a combobox, it pages in as required. I use the
same popup in another ADP, and it works fine there with all the rows
being displayed. There must be a setting somewhere I'm forgetting to
flip.

Maury

Dale_Fye via AccessMonster.com

May 8, 2009, 10:22:03 AM5/8/09
As Doug mentioned, 10,000 is probably about 9,500 more than you want in a
combo box.

What are you displaying in the combo box? Are they part numbers, names, ???

You might want to consider:
1. adding buttons (A-B, C-D, E-H, ...) above the combo that you would use to
filter the combo box to limit the size of the list:
2. adding a small text field to allow you to enter the first couple of
characters to refine the values in the combo.
3. use a subform instead of a combo box (this can get complicated)

--
HTH

Dale Fye

Rick Brandt

May 8, 2009, 8:34:26 PM5/8/09

ADPs (by default) never return more than 10000 rows. It's a setting in
options somwwhere.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

Paul Shapiro

May 9, 2009, 10:16:13 AM5/9/09
I didn't see the beginning of this thread, an adp has a default record limit
of 10,000, which you can change.

"Maury Markowitz" <maury.m...@gmail.com> wrote in message

fairlane...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 5:03:26 PM11/20/15
This will change the limit:
CurrentProject.Properties("row limit").Value = 100000