Can .PST file size be reduced? How? Not by "compacting' them.

John Wirt

Jul 8, 2002, 1:25:52 PM7/8/02
I want to compact my .PST files to reduce the file size. To compact .PST
files one is supposed to: go to Tools, select Services, select the folder
you want to compact, select Properties, select Advance, then click the
Compact button. The PST file seems to compact but the file size doesn't
change. How come?

John Wirt

HigherDread

Jul 8, 2002, 4:30:22 PM7/8/02
I suggest microsoft.public.outlook.* for this question instead of
.access.formscoding.

But anyway, your .pst may already be as small as it can go, perhaps you need
to delete some old messages/empty the deleted items folder.

"John Wirt" <wi...@inet.ed.gov> wrote in message

John Wirt

Jul 9, 2002, 5:44:27 PM7/9/02
Sorry, yes, I did send my message to the wrong group. John

"HigherDread" <highe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ian Kerry

Jul 14, 2002, 11:16:48 AM7/14/02

"John Wirt" <wi...@inet.ed.gov> wrote in message

Hi john, perhaps it is already compacted. Have you tried right clicking on
your .pst file and going to advanced and compressing the file? Make a back
up first however!

See if that makes a difference.

The only other way is to start a new pst file, open them both at the same
time in outlook, then drag any info you need in your new one, then close the
original.

Regards

Ian

bibo...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2012, 8:19:57 AM7/6/12
Microsoft outlook is a powerful email program that allows the user to send and receive all forms of messages. The messages, attachments and contact details stored in the user outlook account are saved as PST files in the computer. Kernel for compact and compress PST software can be used as Winzip utility of Microsoft windows to make single or multiple zip folders of PST files stored in a local server. The software will first search for the PST files saved in a system. Then it will start removing attachments from the specific PST files. The separated attachments by this software can be either saved in a zipped or unzipped folder at user specified location. To know more about tool visit: http://www.compactpst.com/

suje...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2018, 3:30:03 AM4/5/18
Get Compact PST is an advance tool that remarkably reduces the size of the large PST file thereby limiting its size and preventing further PST corruption / PST damage.It can safely reduces the size of large PST file by compressing it. It is extremely well designed to compact extra-large PST files to avoid any type of corruption and to save space in hard drive of the system.
visit here:- http://www.datavare.com/software/outlook-pst-compact-expert.html

Kevin Jones

Jul 14, 2022, 5:38:03 AM7/14/22
Compress and Compact Outlook PST file to reduce Outlook mailbox size using Compress PST Application quickly. This tool is a fast and effective way to compact Outlook PST data files. It reduces the size of any Outlook PST file maintaining the integrity of the content. This application support all MS Outlook versions. PST Compress utility works perfectly on all Windows editions, including Win 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista and more. Download the free demo version of the software.

Visit here:- https://www.softakensoftware.com/compact-pst.html

Jenny Carner

Aug 22, 2022, 1:58:45 AM8/22/22
How to compress Outlook PST files with Compact PST File Program which is a professional Application that proficiently compresses Compact Outlook PST Files without any issue. It supports both PST file formats and Supports ANSI & UNICODE. This software is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook. I tried it with its free demo edition that allowed me to compress a few compact PST files.

Read more for more info:- https://www.sysessential.com/blog/compact-pst-file-manually/

ANKIT ROY

Oct 1, 2022, 3:45:40 AM10/1/22
Yes!
You can reduce the size of PST files using a professional PST Compress Tool. There is not any manual method to compress the size of PST files. So you have to use an automated method i.e., MacSonik PST Compress Tool. It easily compresses and compacts large-sized Outlook PST files into smaller PST without any data alteration. This PST compact tool keeps your folder hierarchy intact throughout the PST compress process. You can also split the resultant PST files with an option to set the custom folder name and the location.

Read more at- https://www.macsonik.com/pst-compress/

Suman Rawat

May 22, 2023, 2:41:09 AM5/22/23
The PST Compact Tool shrinks large Outlook PST files without affecting data quality. Throughout the compression process, it maintains the original folder hierarchy and strong data security. It is incredibly well developed to compress large PST files in order to avoid corruption and save space on the system's hard drive. The PST Compress software works with all versions of Microsoft Outlook. It also works with all versions of Windows.

Know more: https://www.msoutlookhelp.com/pst-compress/