option group fails when form opens

terryc

Feb 14, 2009, 11:24:01 AM2/14/09
When the form opens initially, the default is option 1. I can't select
another option. If I move to design view and return, the option group works.
Have this problem in 2003 and 2007. Any ideas? A macro opens the form when
the database is opened. Thanks.

Rick Brandt

Feb 14, 2009, 11:31:29 AM2/14/09

Sounds like your macro is specifying read-only when it opens the form.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

terryc

Feb 14, 2009, 6:33:00 PM2/14/09
That was the problem. Thanks! The form is a switchboard to direct the users
to various tasks. Does it matter if it opens "add" or "edit"? The users will
be doing both once they navigate to the various forms.

Owen

Dec 30, 2016, 5:31:10 PM12/30/16

> Sounds like your macro is specifying read-only when it opens the form.

G'day Rick,

Nearly 8 years later and your reply is still saving enormous frustration!
Sometimes it really is just the simple things.

Many thanks Rick

cheers
Owen