PDF Display Problem, Access 2007

Rick

Nov 25, 2015, 5:45:21 PM11/25/15
For years I've had unbound objects that display thumbnails of various PDFs. The code has been super simple, however now all I get on the control is the PDF filename rather than a display of the PDF in the control. It seems to be an Acrobat issue more than my coding or Access. I made a test form with a button that runs the following code. Again, all I get is the filename in the control.

Private Sub Command7_Click()
Dim arg As String
arg = "C:\335489\no_image.pdf"

With Me.PDFframe
.Enabled = True
.Locked = False
.Class = "AcroExch.Document.11"
.OLETypeAllowed = acOLEEither
.SourceDoc = arg
.SourceItem = ""
.Action = acOLECreateEmbed
End With
End Sub

I'm running Access 2007 and Acrobat XI with Windows 8.1 64bit. The the same issue seems to exist on Win 7 32bit.

Any help is appreciated - I've searched all over.

Thanks