Export datasheet with subdatasheet to Excel

KG

Jan 28, 2007, 11:56:00 PM1/28/07
A charitable organization that I am involved with wishes to switch to
Giftworks (with which I am completely unfamiliar) to keep track of donations
and to generate "thank you" letters. So far, their data base, going back
several years, has been on MS Access and consists of (a) a large Donor's list
with personal information and (b) a subdatasheet listing individual donations
by check date.

I am told that Giftworks cannot import directly from Access and that it is
necessary to first make an intermediate data dump on Excel. I have never
attempted to export to Excel an Access data sheet and its linked
subdatasheet. Is that even possible? Should I address this question to the
Excel community Groups?

Many thanks for yor help

John Nurick

Jan 29, 2007, 1:31:46 AM1/29/07
Hi KG,

The subdatasheet complicates things. You need to find out just what
Giftworks needs on the Excel sheet(s) it imports. I know knothing about
Giftworks, but at a guess it will want either

(a) two sheets, one with the list of donors and the other with the list
of donations (with some sort of DonorID to key the one to the other).

(b) a single sheet, with one row per donation, each row containing
details of the donor as well as of the donation.

For (a), you need to create two separate queries, each containing the
fields that Giftworks wants, formatted the way it wants. One will be
based on your current Donors table, the other on the Donations table
that underlies your subdatasheets. Then use File|Export to export each
of them to Excel.

For (b), you need to create one query that joins the two tables, and
then export that.

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:56:00 -0800, KG <K...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.

KG

Jan 29, 2007, 8:37:00 AM1/29/07
Thank you, I'll try to find out (a) why Giftworks cannot import directly from
Access and (b) how the Access database needs to exported to it.

norbi

May 30, 2012, 8:18:41 PM5/30/12
Hi,
it is possible to export Access datasheet and its linked subdatasheet to MS
Excel sheet.
You can do this with the access add-in 'A2EE.mda' that can be downloaded on:
www.limbersti.cz/A2EE/
BR
Norbert