Problem with Windows 10 Upgrade

SRBt360

Mar 28, 2021, 10:57:08 PM3/28/21
to Microsoft Money
I upgraded to Windows 10 in my virtual PC recently from Windows 7.  I had no problems with MS Money in Windows 7.  I opened Money in Windows 10 and the program seemed fine.  I entered some transactions and closed the program.  When I opened the program later, all the transactions I had entered were gone.  I looked at my docs from when I had to install USMoneyDlxSunset in 2014 and I uninstalled Money and executed the USMoneyDlxSunset.exe.  Seemed to run fine and I opened Money again in Windows, entered some transactions and exited the program.  Same problem when I reopened Money - all the transactions I had entered were gone.  The starting point is fine.  I just can't seem to keep multiple new transactions.  I'm not a computer/tech savvy person.  Can anyone give me some insights into what my problem could be?

Ameridan (microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com)

Mar 28, 2021, 11:21:27 PM3/28/21
to Microsoft Money
Is your data file in the Documents folder?

Cal Learner

Mar 28, 2021, 11:25:07 PM3/28/21
to Microsoft Money
Put your Money (*.mny) file in your Documents folder, or a subfolder in that. Where you put your file may be a place that is restricted.

In particular, do not put your file within Program Files. You may find your modified file in the Virtual Store. I'll let you search that out.