Can't import transactions

Shane Goodman

Apr 25, 2021, 7:12:43 PM4/25/21
to Microsoft Money
Greetings,

Today when I went to import transactions from my chequing account I got an error message saying "You cannot perform this operation right now. There is an online
operation in progress. Try again later."

I received this message before but I forgot how I fixed it.

Windows Update is downloading a feature update version 20H2 but is stuck. Could this be the problem?

Thanks,
Shane Goodman
Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe
Sunset Edition
version 17.0.120.3817

Shane Goodman

Apr 25, 2021, 7:16:18 PM4/25/21
to Microsoft Money
How do I edit (correct) my original post?

Cal Learner

Apr 25, 2021, 11:29:48 PM4/25/21
to Microsoft Money
You can delete the original(s) and write a new post.

Tim Wu

Apr 26, 2021, 10:20:36 AM4/26/21
to Shane Goodman, Microsoft Money
I often run into this message when trying to download a statement and so I do a quick file repair. This always seems to resolve it for me.

Bob Smiley

Apr 26, 2021, 11:44:17 AM4/26/21
to Microsoft Money
If you open Money, the program first tries to contact the Microsoft Servers to get updates. Of course, the servers no longer exist, they were decommissioned in 2011. You can tell that the program is trying to access servers by seeing a spinning arrow in the upper right corner of the Money menu bar next to the help question mark. While that is spinning, any attempt to import an OFX file or other statement will fail. Other posts have shown how to reduce the time that is wasted by doing a port restriction.

If you try to import a statement while Money is closed, you will get a dialog asking to start Money now. If you have finished all of the statements, you can click the dialog to start Money, and it will import the statements BEFORE trying to access the servers, so there will be no problem with another online call being in progress.

So, either wait until the spinning arrow stops, or do the import while Money is closed.

Bob