How to recover a backup of Money

David Dura

Nov 7, 2020, 6:58:59 AM11/7/20
to Microsoft Money
I using Microsoft money and i want to update to Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.

My probleme is that I can't use my backup of my old money version.

Could you help me.

Sorry for my ba english language
david
Message has been deleted

David Dura

Nov 7, 2020, 7:11:15 AM11/7/20
to Microsoft Money

Capture d’écran 2020-11-07 131025.png
This is the message received

Bob Smiley

Nov 7, 2020, 10:18:47 AM11/7/20
to Microsoft Money
Unfortunately, you cannot open a file created with a non-US version of Money with the US Microsoft Money Sunset version. The two file types are not compatible.

If  you do wish to use Money Sunset, you will have to export all of your accounts individually as CSV files and import all of them at once into a new blank Money Sunset file. You will lose information. You must ensure that the investment cash accounts are imported before the investment accounts are, and some people have posted tricks to enable that. Also be careful to import each one into the correct new account, so take extreme care in how you name the exported accounts.

I would not advise changing national versions unless you have an extremely good reason to do so.

Bob

William Becker

Nov 7, 2020, 10:36:53 AM11/7/20
to Microsoft Money
I agree with Bob that changing to a US version is probably more trouble that it is worth.  Nevertheless, if you want to try it, this link:

describes the process.  Post back if you need help with that.

Also note that this link:

has downloads for the most recent versions of Money, both US and non-US.  If you do decide to convert to US  Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe, be sure to also do the mnyob99.dll file replacement described in this post:

As always, post back if you need help with any of this.