I followed your suggestions, but there doesn't appear to be any file corruption according to the log file.
However, upon further investigation, the .OFX file has incorrect dates for all transactions dated after 12/23/2020, so that tells me the financial institution is at fault. I opened the .OFX file with Notepad, and I did a find and replace for all dates listed with December 2021 and converted said dates with the correct dates.
The file imported correctly, and things look OK for the moment. I'll contact the financial institution (Synchrony) next week and explain what happened.
Hopefully, the January statement will balance out correctly in a few weeks :-)