Is it possible to generate the submission Jar from another JVM language (Kotlin) other than Java?

duckla...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2018, 1:10:14 PM4/7/18
to microRTS
Hello from Germany,

Dear all, I am a student in Germany and I want to choose this as a topic for my course project. From the main page, it seems to me that only a Jar file is needed for submission, so my question is: Is it possible if I use another JVM language (Kotlin) and generate the Jar file from Kotlin source code? Kotlin gives me great impression, so I really want to use Kotlin for my project.

If it is possible, I wonder if there is anyway to test a sample submission, since the course has credit and if in the end, after I finish everything and something goes wrong, it will be a big problem for me :v

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Lam Gia Thuan

Santiago Ontanon

Apr 7, 2018, 2:54:50 PM4/7/18
to microRTS
Hi Lam,

I had never heard of Kotlin before. So, I am not sure. But if you can create a simple AI with it, and send me a JAR, I am happy to test to see if I will be able to run it for the competition!

santi