Way to construct AI with knowledge of map's width/height?

quin...@southwestern.edu

Jun 13, 2017, 5:47:57 PM6/13/17
to microRTS
We'd really like to be able to use the height and width of the map as parameters in our agent constructor. is there a way to do this? We know that we can get the pgs from the gameState that is passed in to the getAction method, but it would be useful to have it earlier to save computation time.

Santiago Ontanon

Jul 21, 2017, 11:33:49 AM7/21/17
to microRTS
Oh! sorry, I didn't see this message until now. Sorry for the late reply!

Not in the constructor (since by the time the constructor is called, we don't know the map yet). But there is a function called "preGameAnalysis", which will be called in competition mode right before a game starts, with the initial game state. So, you can do all the precomputations you want there. Would that work?