Trivia Questions for Devnexus about MicroProfile

Stephanie Swart

Feb 7, 2018, 5:39:00 PM2/7/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

We need some help from the MP community.

We are currently putting together trivia questions about MicroProfile for Devnexus. They are going to be apart of a game to help us hand out MicroProfile t-shirts. The idea is that in order for a person to receive a shirt, they need to learn at least one fact about MicroProfile.

The Game:
We will be asking participants to take a picture of a question slide on their phone and tweet out the answer. Once they post the correct answer, we will give them a t-shirt!

I've started a slide-deck with an example question and answer, but we need some help collecting more questions:

The answers need to be less than 260 characters for twitter.

Please add any questions (with answers in the notes section) to the slide-deck that you think are fun, interesting and worth sharing with the community!

And if you have any questions for me, feel free to reach out!

Thanks,
Stephanie

Mike Croft

Feb 8, 2018, 7:49:14 AM2/8/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Is the idea that they need to visit booths and ask people to find out the answers, or things that they could find out themselves?

E.g. these could be researched with Google:

* When was MicroProfile first announced?
* Who was involved at the beginning?
* How many implementations of MicroProfile (all versions) are currently available?
* Name all implementations of MicroProfile

The bottom one may not be so obvious with Google, since there are a couple of less well-known implementations.They are all listed in the Wiki though!

Stephanie Swart

Feb 8, 2018, 1:14:02 PM2/8/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Mike,

We don't have enough staff/booths to do a booth visit game. The idea is that within either the presentation/demo of MP or looking online, they will be able to find the answer.

We don't want the questions to be too obscure, just something fun and engaging. Like I said, we want them to learn something about MicroProfile before they leave the booth, so what is that something?

Hope that helps,
Stephanie