Introduction

Alexis Lopez

Jul 9, 2019, 1:48:00 PM7/9/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hello everyone,

My name is Alexis Lopez, I'm from Colombia and am interested in joining the project an do some contributions.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Regards.

Emily Jiang

Jul 9, 2019, 3:37:41 PM7/9/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Welcome to the community, Alexis! You can go to microprofile.io/projects to see which project you would like to get involved. Click on the gitter to chat to the group and start from there. Even though you don't want to participate in any projects, you can still contribute to MicroProfile by writing blogs or doing talks in local JUGs or conferences or share your opinions at the google group discussions.

Thanks
Emily

Amelia Eiras

Jul 11, 2019, 4:32:54 PM7/11/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Hola Alexis,

Please download the MP calendar and tried joining the next MP Community call. Tuesdays 11am PDT twice per month.
From that call, you can own your weight by introducing yourself. You have beautifully owned the very first step that is becoming a member of the google forum and stating, HOLA- I want to help! :)   #LatinArmada awesomeness!

In the mean time, Emily's feedback works great.
We are trying to get the How to Contribute WIKI better. By your on boarding you could help the wiki get better.

Espero que pudas asistir a una de los hangouts soon, no pressure if you cannot-- virtual works too.

Alexis Lopez

Jul 12, 2019, 10:39:27 AM7/12/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Emily and Amelia.

Please let me know where the "the How to Contribute Wiki" is, so I can validate it.

Regards,

Amelia Eiras

Jul 12, 2019, 4:01:53 PM7/12/19
to Alexis Lopez, MicroProfile
Alex— you asking that very question directly shows that MP needs to do better at  :) working on it!

Send your PRs against it as you consume it! Do not hold back and struggle along- bring this Community with you. No glamour, No saving face- new comers like you make open source projects better, if we openly share while doing stuff and document to enable others to avoid what you might experience. SUPERfun!

Fork it and thankYOU for choosing to become the newest MicroProfiler! :)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eclipse MicroProfile" group.

Alexis Lopez

Jul 12, 2019, 4:12:44 PM7/12/19
to Amelia Eiras, MicroProfile
Amelia, thank you for your answer. Not sure how I missed that...