MP Metrics and "Container Aware JEP" relationship...

Kevin Sutter

Apr 5, 2018, 1:26:17 PM4/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Metrics team,
Are you aware of this JEP for Java 11?  http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2018-April/052390.html

On the surface, it sounds like there is some overlap with our MP Metrics capability, or at the very least some integration will be necessary down the road...

Thoughts?

-- Kevin

Heiko Rupp

Apr 6, 2018, 9:00:56 AM4/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks Kevin for bringing this up.
I was not aware of it until now.

On the surface, it sounds like there is some overlap with our MP Metrics capability, or at the very least some integration will be necessary down the road...
Yes. Once the data is available e.g. via JMX as the JEP promises, we can "easily" enhance the base scope with those metrics. They will most probably be
marked as optional, as we can't assume that every MP server goes to 11 and runs on x86_64.