[microprofile] MicroProfile articles

Antonio Goncalves

Jan 25, 2017, 7:28:26 AM1/25/17
to MicroProfile
Hi all,

So that you know, I'm giving a talk at Voxxed CERN about MicroProfile + Angular and I've been interviewed on MicroProfie. Here is the interview :

https://www.voxxed.com/blog/2017/01/microservices-and-javaee-at-cern/

--
Antonio Goncalves
Java Champion, Pluralsight author and CTO of AllCraft

Blog | TwitterLinkedIn | Pluralsight | AllCraft | Devoxx France

Werner Keil

Jan 25, 2017, 9:03:47 AM1/25/17
to MicroProfile
Cool, thanks.

I was asked to write something for DWX about MicroProfile (on an easy level for web designers and developers who usually work with Angular at most or PHP,...)

Will have a look at your article. And try to write mine for a similar target group (CERN has a lot of bright minds, though not all of them develop software)

Werner

Werner Keil

Jan 25, 2017, 9:07:08 AM1/25/17
to MicroProfile
We also have one colleague in the current team (where the SCS variation of Microservices is an important goal) who briefly worked at CERN, so I shared the article with him, too ;-)

Werner Keil

Jan 25, 2017, 9:41:54 AM1/25/17
to MicroProfile
Btw.
>The MicroProfile is doing great as it is focusing on the 1.1 release. It will add configuration and health-check functionality.

Sounds a bit bold. And looking at discussions here and actual progress in several of these areas, config is likely to make it for 1.1 but based on IP, code quality and other issues, I would not bet on a particular release date yet.
Till ~EclipseCon France, DevoXX Poland or DWX (late Q2) I could imagine, before that e.g. DevoXX US I see no chance it passes Eclipse release and other requirements as it stands now.

John Clingan

Jan 25, 2017, 5:55:35 PM1/25/17
to MicroProfile
FYI, I've got a page inside Red Hat that I use to track MicroProfile articles. I'll push to microprofile.io once I get edumacated on microprofile.io.

Jonathan Gallimore

Jan 26, 2017, 5:43:44 AM1/26/17
to John Clingan, MicroProfile
Hi John

I'm happy to help in any way I can to get that pushed to microprofile.io - let me know what be helpful. Do we need a guide or some better instructions for adding content?

Regards

Jon

Martijn Verburg

Jan 26, 2017, 6:53:18 AM1/26/17
to Jonathan Gallimore, John Clingan, MicroProfile
Hi Jon,

I think a guide on how we can deploy to PRD would be helpful.  I haven't run the site for a little while but from memory I was able to get it running locally, so it's really a case of how to get something up after a PR is accepted.

Cheers,
Martijn

Jonathan Gallimore

Jan 26, 2017, 7:07:34 AM1/26/17
to Martijn Verburg, John Clingan, MicroProfile
Hi Martijn

I should be able to help with that - I'll get something put together this evening.

Jon

Martijn Verburg

Jan 27, 2017, 7:54:54 AM1/27/17
to Jonathan Gallimore, John Clingan, MicroProfile
Perfect, I can test it out on the Hazelcast Logo PR (that I'm going to make over the weekend)

Cheers,
Martijn

John Clingan

Jan 27, 2017, 12:24:49 PM1/27/17
to MicroProfile, jgall...@tomitribe.com, jcli...@redhat.com
IIRC, the push to PROD was a permissions issue. Perhaps I'll hack through the site again and see if editing it jogs my memory. A couple of priority items I'd like to get done is a blog link on the top-level page and a landing page for MicroProfile 1.0 that we can point everyone to.

Amelia Eiras

Feb 14, 2017, 10:19:06 PM2/14/17
to MicroProfile, jgall...@tomitribe.com, jcli...@redhat.com
catching up... patience as I might share data without being fully catch up...  Thanks in advance!

Once MP site is moved from Tomitribe to Eclipse umbrella, it is a good idea to gather available video sessions, blogs, good articles... etc directly on the website.

The week, we announced MP to the Community, MP 1st blogs were written (see below).   Below articles ought to be added to MP's  blog &/or resources archives to unite data & make future documentation of project SHARED by its active contributors automatic, no matter form, conference video or slides or a blog, it matters that we proactively placed it.

Ondrej Mihályi

Feb 15, 2017, 4:41:11 AM2/15/17
to MicroProfile, jgall...@tomitribe.com, jcli...@redhat.com
Great idea, Amelia, thanks for sharing the links!

I create a pull request for the microprofile/microprofile repo for now, to store the links in one place. I added the link above from Antonio, and I also added my links:

Feel free to comment there what you want to add and I'll add it, or create another PR.

--Ondrej

Dňa streda, 15. februára 2017 4:19:06 UTC+1 Amelia Eiras napísal(-a):

Cheers,
Martijn

Werner Keil

Feb 15, 2017, 2:28:27 PM2/15/17
to MicroProfile, jgall...@tomitribe.com, jcli...@redhat.com
Are articles in other languages (German, French, Portuguese,...) also OK?

I'll point to it as soon as my German article is published.

Werner

Amelia Eiras

Feb 15, 2017, 2:45:49 PM2/15/17
to Werner Keil, MicroProfile, Jonathan Gallimore, John Clingan
different languages are valuable & a good addition Werner. Integration is the key.

Ondrej thats for PR repo on topic, great form to avoid forgetting to bring this feature to site! :)
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "MicroProfile" group.