[DISCUSS] MicroProfile 1.1 Release

Kevin Sutter

Jun 20, 2017, 8:41:50 AM6/20/17
to MicroProfile
Hello MP Community,
If you've been following my other ramblings, we are getting very close to getting our IP Reviews (Contribution Questionnaires) completed:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/microprofile/CSP0rPutSGw

Once we get those signed off, I would like to complete the process for a MicroProfile 1.1 release.

The general MP 1.1 proposal was already accepted:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/microprofile/AFobwjU7z6E

More specifically, I am proposing the MicroProfile 1.1 release to contain MicroProfile 1.0 plus Config 1.0.

Note:  Config 1.0 is going through the formal review process as we speak, so I am dependent on us finalizing that milestone.  And, part of the Config 1.0 review process is dependent on the Initial CQs I referenced earlier.  These initial releases are taking a bit more time to work through the processes.  But, once we get the skids greased, I'm sure the follow-on releases will be much easier.

I created a spec for MicroProfile 1.1.  This spec can be updated for each release of MicroProifle.  I don't see a reason to have separate api's or tck's since these MicroProfile releases are really just "convenience" features for pulling together the individual components that make up MicroProfile.  Each of these individual components have their respective api's and tck's.  The README and spec for MicroProfile can be found here:
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-bom

The MP 1.1 release was originally targeted for 2Q2017.  We're not going to quite make that due to these IP reviews, but we should easily make early 3Q2017 (July).

Comments before I file a [VOTE] for this MicroProfile 1.1 release?

Thanks!
Kevin

Heiko Rupp

Jun 21, 2017, 3:42:06 AM6/21/17
to MicroProfile
Sounds good.

Emily Jiang

Jun 21, 2017, 4:45:04 AM6/21/17
to MicroProfile
+1.
Emily

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 8:42:06 AM UTC+1, Heiko Rupp wrote:
Sounds good.

Mark Little

Jun 21, 2017, 6:45:34 AM6/21/17
to Kevin Sutter, MicroProfile
+1

Martijn Verburg

John Clingan

Jun 21, 2017, 9:38:32 AM6/21/17
to MicroProfile
+1

Kevin Sutter

Jun 21, 2017, 10:41:05 AM6/21/17
to John Clingan, MicroProfile
Pretty funny!  I was just trying to get a [DISCUSS] (discussion) going on MicroProfile 1.1, not a [VOTE].  But, since everybody is treating this as a [VOTE] with their plus ones, maybe I should just change the title of the post...  :-)

I'll leave this discussion open for a bit longer just in case there are any concerns, but it's looking good.

Thanks, Kevin

John Clingan

Jun 21, 2017, 5:45:14 PM6/21/17
to Kevin Sutter, MicroProfile
That is kinda funny. We’re all about efficiency here at MP :-)

For record keeping sakes, I wouldn’t change the title (just in case you weren’t kidding). A VOTE thread is still a good idea.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MicroProfile" group.