Moving the 9/19 MicroProfile Hangout to next week (9/26) !

Kevin Sutter

Sep 18, 2017, 9:38:56 PM9/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
John is on business travel and I have a conflict with an emergency dental appt.  So, we're going to move the bi-weekly MicroProfile Hangout to next week (9/26).  Sorry for the short notice!

Thanks,
Kevin

Amelia Eiras

Sep 18, 2017, 10:11:29 PM9/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
John & Kevin,

MP hangout scheduled is meant to be held regardless of either you or John' not available schedules.
There is not a CoC that states it, if we need something to state that need for future actions, let's ask for MP feedback, gather thoughts & if majority agrees,  1 sentence suffices as addition to MP git.

Personally, I planned my Tuesday calls,  so that I could also attend the MP call.   I have missed the last two hangouts, you see and next week I am flying so I cannot make it. Regardless of my hectic schedule,  which is irrelevant when compared to I am not MP alone & things will hopefully continue to occur to move MP awesomeness forwards regardless of any one of us participation.

  As it is, given my availability for tmw-- I am more than happy to own the MP minutes of tmw's hangout & via this forum & a new thread as expected I can share & ask #MicroProfilers, who might have planned to also attend that call, to also add content to the minutes.

Like me, there are about 8 other MP MicroProfilers-- forming the MP Leadership from MP birth, not including you & John, than can & are expected to shield not only MP hangouts but any other matters that require immediate attention, to avoid "dropping the ball" in our Community.

 MP leadership must become scalable across-- shot out to you guys! :)
 That means that neither you nor John should halt expected MP meetings. On the contrary, you are expected to elevate the #MicroProfilers & new interested members by showing how responsibility is owned in this OSS Community,  to whomever is able & wants to own it.

Do take this feedback directly on the action and not directly at the wonderful you. It is candidly 180 given- I expected 360 receiving minds & retrospective to own this feedback.

PS: I hope everything goes ok tmw, no fun dental emergencies.

Cheers,

Heiko Rupp

Sep 19, 2017, 2:03:49 AM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
That is a pity, as tonight is reserved in my calendar for this and next week I'll have a collision :-/

John D. Ament

Sep 19, 2017, 7:05:10 AM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 for someone else running the meeting (but then I'm assuming we need a new dial in since the bluejeans dial in is from RedHat?)

I won't be able to make today's call, due to scheduling conflicts, but did want to share a couple of updates (if we keep next week's call I'll share updates then as well):

Hammock 2.0 is shipping this week with initial MP 1.2 alignment + Java EE 8 alignment.  Fault Tolerance is coming from an Apache project which should be ready in a couple of weeks (probably by J1) and Metrics is on the horizon.  I received useful feedback from a beta tester, for both Hammock features and MP features.  I've encouraged him to share MP specific feedback with the specs.
I plan to start the MP Rest Client calls after J1.  It likely won't hit the MP 1.3 / 2.0 11/17 date listed on the calendar.
I've run into a couple of oddities with the FT TCK, raised some spec issues there.  Similar state for JWT, but most things are passing.

John

Kevin Sutter

Sep 19, 2017, 7:55:04 AM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Wow!  This is great to see the enthusiasm for the bi-weekly MicroProfile hangout.  Can I just say "never mind"?  :-)

Seriously, we still hold the hangout today.  There is no requirement for a Redhat employee to start the meeting.  I've hosted it before using the Redhat e-meeting information.  Just use the information in the calendar post.  Which reminds me that I have to restore the meeting on our calendar...  I can also dial in at the very beginning just to kickstart it, but then I'll have to hand it off due to my dental appt.

Thanks!
Kevin

Heiko Rupp

Sep 19, 2017, 2:01:08 PM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
This is on now - where is everybody? :-)

Kevin Sutter

Sep 19, 2017, 5:28:09 PM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Just to close out this thread...  We did have a productive hangout today on the 19th.  There will not be a hangout next week on the 26th.  The next hangout will be the week of JavaOne on Oct 3.

All of these are properly entered on our MicroProfile calendar:  https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=gbnbc373ga40n...@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=GMT&pli=1

Thanks!
Kevin

John Clingan

Sep 25, 2017, 7:42:03 PM9/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Should I cancel the JavaOne Live Hangout since a large number of us will be at JavaOne? The line will still be open and anyone can join, but it's unclear if I will be available to hit the record button (will try). Notes can still be taken, of course. If we have 2+ MicroProfilers ack Hangout attendance, I'll leave it in the calendar.

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:28:09 PM UTC-7, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Just to close out this thread...  We did have a productive hangout today on the 19th.  There will not be a hangout next week on the 26th.  The next hangout will be the week of JavaOne on Oct 3.

Amelia Eiras

Sep 25, 2017, 7:47:14 PM9/25/17
to MicroProfile
Hola John,

During last MP Hangout, we decided to have it live during Booth fun.  Please leave it as it is. Thanks and see you pretty soon :)

John Clingan

Sep 25, 2017, 7:48:54 PM9/25/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, been catching up after being out last week. That’s a really cool idea! I’ll leave it.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Eclipse MicroProfile" group.

John D. Ament

Sep 26, 2017, 7:54:52 AM9/26/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I'm assuming you're still going to dial in from the both? For those of us who can't make it?

On Sep 25, 2017, at 4:42 PM, John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:

Should I cancel the JavaOne Live Hangout since a large number of us will be at JavaOne? The line will still be open and anyone can join, but it's unclear if I will be available to hit the record button (will try). Notes can still be taken, of course. If we have 2+ MicroProfilers ack Hangout attendance, I'll leave it in the calendar.

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 2:28:09 PM UTC-7, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Just to close out this thread...  We did have a productive hangout today on the 19th.  There will not be a hangout next week on the 26th.  The next hangout will be the week of JavaOne on Oct 3.

All of these are properly entered on our MicroProfile calendar:  https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=gbnbc373ga40n0tvbl88nkc3r4@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=GMT&pli=1

Thanks!
Kevin

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 1:01:08 PM UTC-5, Heiko Rupp wrote:
This is on now - where is everybody? :-)

Amelia Eiras

Sep 26, 2017, 10:38:37 AM9/26/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Yes! 🎥📽