Friendly Reminder: Steering Committee call tomorrow

John Clingan

Oct 19, 2020, 4:50:29 PM10/19/20
to MicroProfile
The inaugural MicroProfile Steering Committee call is tomorrow.  Same bat time, same bat channel. The logistics are in the MicroProfile Calendar under the "Working Group Discussion" name. The agenda is here. Steering committee members representatives or alternates have required attendance. Community members are welcome to attend as well.

See you tomorrow!

Scott Stark

Oct 20, 2020, 9:03:02 AM10/20/20
to MicroProfile
We should have the  https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/pull/193 PR issue template that can deal with any of the project lifecycle reviews on the agenda if possible since we want to drive that to the point of what each spec needs to follow.

John Clingan

Oct 20, 2020, 12:28:56 PM10/20/20
to MicroProfile
Thx Scott.

If we don't cover it in the SC portion of the call, we can cover in the community portion.

Amelia Eiras

Oct 20, 2020, 4:27:02 PM10/20/20
to MicroProfile
John,

Can you please send the finalized agenda via a new thread with today's date, Steering Call & copy paste not only of the link minutes but copy/paste the items in the agenda to that new thread?

I propose for the committee to approve the agenda via that thread & future threads virtually.   Freeze the agenda after each call. Currently, 5 members vote on its approval.

Ideally, this is how we choose to move forward with today and future steering calls. If there is a simpler way, so be it, let's share that method, try it, and move forward.

Since the Committee's goal is to meet no more than 4 times per year, it makes no sense to wait until the next call to approve today's minutes.

The call minutes need to be converted into PDF to be formally exported into the new MPWG page under call-minutes space.  (future feature)  Likely a PR would help complete that item.

If unsure, the topic could be added to MPWG processes for next week's community call agenda for Q&A.
YET, I see no need to wait for that call to figure out how and simplify stuff and close up simple yet important tasks that deal with how we choose to community and reach out to every active MicroProfile in this forum. :)  We mentioned on today's call that we must all get better at writing stuff up and using this forum to move stuff forward. This is me owning that mentality.

Thank you for beautifully owning today's watch, John,