upcoming microprofile-config changes

Mark Struberg

Nov 14, 2017, 2:35:32 PM11/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi folks!

In the todays hangout we discussed what's next for mp-config.

We have 2 things in the chain. Both are related to 'common sense converters' (https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config/issues/248
1. is to fix the tck to not blow up if an implementation provides a common sense converter for a type. Means we move the test to a different type
2. Improve the mp-config spec to explicitly require common sense converters.

Going only for option 1 would imo result in a mp-config-1.1.1 release.
Aiming for 2.) would qualify for pumping the version to mp-config 1.2.0 as this would be a behaviour change (javadocs + spec docs + tck)

wdyt?

LieGrue,
strub

Emily Jiang

Nov 14, 2017, 4:47:37 PM11/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Mark,

I have a 3rd suggestion.
3) fix a few more issues and target for MP Config 1.2

It is really lightweight to just release one fix . I think we should fix a couple of other issues for the MP Config 1.2 release.

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config/issues/205 should be considered. We should triage the issues and pick a few manageable issues (less controversial) and get them fixed in MP 1.2 release.

Thanks,
Emily

Alasdair Nottingham

Nov 14, 2017, 5:18:58 PM11/14/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
If they are common sense we should put them in the spec.

Alasdair Nottingham