MicroProfile (+ JakartaEE) dev room for Fosdem?

Heiko Rupp

Aug 13, 2018, 1:39:28 PM8/13/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Hey,

should we try to set up a MicroProfile (+JakartaEE) dev room for Fosdem?
It may be rejected as there is most likely a general Java (SE) one.
But if it is accepted we should find content for at least 1/2 day.

Wdyt?

  Heiko

Emily Jiang

Aug 13, 2018, 5:49:11 PM8/13/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Great idea! I have not heard of this conference before. I checked their website. The next one will be on 2nd 3rd Feb 2019. Is this one you are targeting for?

Thanks
Emily

Heiko Rupp

Aug 14, 2018, 4:04:13 PM8/14/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes

Kevin Sutter

Aug 17, 2018, 11:02:18 AM8/17/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Heiko,
I like the idea, but not sure of the turnout...  Doesn't hurt to propose it.  And, I would definitely include both MicroProfile and Jakarta EE.  Either one by itself wouldn't be enough.

Thanks!
Kevin