MicroProfile talking points for JavaOne 2017 - for people working Eclipse booth

Cesar Saavedra

Sep 25, 2017, 4:18:15 PM9/25/17
to MicroProfile, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Cesar Saavedra
All,

Here's a sheet with high-level talking points for people that will be working the Eclipse MicroProfile booth during JavaOne 2017:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15aEhEMrTBTSr2cGjY1u-sHeddPDtw74NGypceWjBRPs/edit?usp=sharing

Please make comments on the doc and will apply mods accordingly.

Thanks,
--
Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

John D. Ament

Sep 25, 2017, 4:36:46 PM9/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I've made three recommendations.  One of them is a must, as an Apache foundation member, you cannot abuse Apache owned names.  Its Apache TomEE, not Tomitribe TomEE.

Emily Jiang

Sep 25, 2017, 5:18:24 PM9/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I made a couple of updates:
MicroProfile 1.2 is not MicroProfile 1.1 + FT +JWT+Metrics + Health

It should be: MicroProfile 1.1 (upgraded to Config 1.1) + FT +JWT+Metrics + Health. If anyone has a better explanation, it will be good.

By the way, I suggest all MicroProfile implementors to list which specs they implemented. I have updated Open Liberty with the full implementations of MicroProfile 1.2. The question might come up on the day anyway. If a runtime is currently implementing a spec, it might be worth to mention that as well.

Emily

John Clingan

Sep 25, 2017, 7:50:03 PM9/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I've also made a few suggestions as well.

Thanks for leading this.